Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official World Cup Final Thread ***

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Funny, Torres seems to be up and walking again now. Hamstring feeling better I guess :rolleyes:

So once you've learned bigotry and how to write parking tickets they now teach medicine at plod school do they?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Must admit it would have been fairly ironic had the total football Dutch side of the 70's lost and this lot had won.

Indeed, it would've been an absolute travesty. This current lot aren't fit to kiss the arses of that truely great side of '74.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Webb booed.

I thought he did well up till the corner, which if nothing came of it it wouldnt of been mentioned.

Agreed. And the Spain goal was nothing to do with Webb getting a goal kick/corner decision wrong. It was to do with Iniesta's brilliance and with crap defending by the Dutch. You can't blame something that happened at least a minute earlier, otherwise where do you stop? If this hadn't happened, this wouldn't have happened and this wouldn't have happened ....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Feel really sorry for Webb, horrible game to referee for the big one. You can only ref what happens, and it was all bad challenges, off-the-ball stuff and complaining about (mainly correct) decisions all night.

Holland could easily have been down to about eight, what they are moaning about I have no idea. I coudn't work out why they were going so nuts, but if it was really that thing down the other end that is pathetic.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
All these smug Dutch wankers walking round town with looks of total dejection – priceless. Sometimes you could almost belive there is a god.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Webb only made one mistake in that game. His task was made considerably harder considering Holland's attempt to maim anyone near the ball. Spain at times were just as bad and we could of honestly have finished with 8 a side.

People will blame Webb for not controlling the game but it appears to me that given the intent shown by both parties to reduce the spectacle to its lowest form, that only they are to blame.

This has got to be the worst World Cup in my lifetime (42 years) devoid of skill, finesse, ability, sportsmanship and moreover entertainment. Good riddance to it and all those who participated.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
from the first minute it was obvious that spain were going to spend most of the time rolling on the ground, which is a shame because they got to the final playing pretty honest football. some people seem to have forgot that football is a contact sport, thanks to the premier league and idiotic refs like howard webb the things that made football great are slowly being removed. pathetic world cup and just like 2006 with italy leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here