Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official World Cup Final Thread ***

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Seriously Villa, if you were that hurt you wouldn't be able to roll around like that.

Sometimes footballers really embarrass themselves.

Totally agree. I just feel the respect I have for certain players just drain away in an instant.:shrug:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jesus, Spain have taken Pedro off.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be. World Cup finals are notoriously shit. There is far too much to lose and every one in living memory has been rubbish. This was never going to be any different. As a tactical battle, I actually think it's been reasonably intriguing.

Agree. Rarely do you get a high scoring final. Thoroughly enjoying. Not surprised the usual suspects are moaning because it's nil nil though.

Dutch know they can't outplay the Spanish so have to rough them up. De Jong took that a bit too far though

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Worse final since Palace kicked lumps out of Man United.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't BEAR that pathetic, anguished face Robben makes every single time someone dares to tackle him, such a cheat.

Shit miss too:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Robben, You should have scored there!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spain v Netherlands

I expect the par result is Spain 1 Netherlands 0

I nearly put a bet on. However, I do not think the back central defenders of Spain are much better than the England pair. Germany pulled the central pairing apart, but they could not get the ball for the pass. So I think Holland might very well get a goal.

My forecast

Spain 2 Holland 1

What are the colours of the teams?

Robben gets in between the central pair of Spain as expected, but he does a Gordon Smith. Holland miss their chance. It looks like Spain will 1-0 afterall.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Guy Mowbray: "There is something brewing in this World Cup final"

Me: snigger *childish*

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
How can retaining possession - with quick passing & constant movement - not make for exciting viewing (unless people crave a game of hoofball)??

It's not exciting if you play 300 passes across your back four without any serious threat on goal. There is somewhere halfway between the endless passing and mindless hoofing that makes for a better viewing experience. Not knocking Spain though these tactics have served them very well and given them success.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone else think this is going to penalties?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Holland have now resumed their pressing game. This means Holland will get an extra player forward. i.e. one instead of none. 65 mins.

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Robben, Robben, Robben. Looks like one of those poor kids who is about 3 yet has the face of a 70 year old.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not exciting if you play 300 passes across your back four without any serious threat on goal.

Reminds me of the "soccer" game episode of The Simpsons.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's not exciting if you play 300 passes across your back four without any serious threat on goal. There is somewhere halfway between the endless passing and mindless hoofing that makes for a better viewing experience. Not knocking Spain though these tactics have served them very well and given them success.

I haven't seen them play 300 passes across their back 4. I guess I must be watching a different team to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here