Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quality tweet on the BBC transfer page:

ned1984 on Twitter said:
Emile Heskey has been spotted at Newcastle. Though, to be fair, he was probably aiming for Middlesbrough.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
It seems 35m is not enough...

1652: Wow. A twist in the Andy Carroll saga - and it's a biggie - despite reports earlier that Newcastle had accepted a Liverpool bid for the 22-year-old striker (see 1513), it seems they actually rejected the Reds' second offer too. Just SIX HOURS of the transfer window left for the two clubs to work that one out - and how much does it rely on Fernando Torres completing his move to Chelsea too. We will find out, soon enough...

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
To be fair to Pardew and Ashley, £35 million for Carroll is just plain stupid money. It would be like Norwich coming in with £10 million for Bennett... Carroll is just not worth that sort of dough. He had to go, he is not Messi. English or not, should have been £15 mill tops and that would have been pushing it. Liverpool have lost the plot.

i know what you are saying mate for sure, but as has been said they will end up, after Torres goes with Saurez/Carroll up front and ultimately it will not have cost a lot more than £10m, not that ive computed the figures though. but yes ridiculous prices anyway

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sky reporting

Burton Albion full-back Kevin Grocott has joined Blue Square Bet North club Vauxhall Motors on a month's loan.

Got to be the biggest story so far

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
35 million for a player with 6 months premier league experience they would be mad to pay that!!! I thought Darren Bent went for a crazy inflated price but at least he has the goalscoring record at that level

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Is 'the special one' still coming then 'those in the know'? Or alternatively Jimbo.GRFC

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can't be bothered to trawl through the whole thread, but does anyone know what time the window slams shut?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Statement on Liverpool website: Liverpool FC confirmed this afternoon that Newcastle United have accepted a club record offer for the transfer of Andy Carroll.
The club have been given permission by Newcastle to discuss personal terms with the player, who will now travel to Liverpool for a medical.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
For the first time in years I will not be counting down the minutes hoping to sign someone (followed by disappointment)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here