Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
thats more than Barcelona paid for David Villa, who scored the winning goal in a world cup final, has a ridiculously good goal scoring record at club and international level.

Can you spot the amateur mistake in the above?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I really enjoy transfer deadline day. It's a bit like a big bloated pantomime, with sky reporters barking non-news at each other, but that's pretty much what the Prem is all about anyway, isn't it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
carol has had one reasonable half season, he is a big lump and if he is worth £35 million, then Murray is worth over £300 million and a set of spandex tracksuits

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If all this does go ahead will be interesting to see who gets more Carroll & Suarez as a partnership or Torres.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Carroll is English though - and I think that matters to Prem clubs.
I don't think that's got anything to do with it. Surely it's more to do with the fact that Liverpool cannot sign genuinely world class players because they're not a Champions League club, so they're going for players of the calibre of the next step down. However, these players are likely to be first choice players at clubs with European aspirations (even if only EUROPA league) and these players won't be sold on the cheap - so Liverpool have to pay vastly over the odds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here