Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*****Official Thread - Miami Vice - England v Ecuador*****

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is Lampard still on the field?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
And they were above Uruguay, Peru, Bolivia and Paraguay.

Not sure what you point is? They were the 4th best South American side and the finals are in South America.

They are in the finals purely and simply because they play their home games at very high altitude, where they are almost unbeatable. They didn't win a single away game in qualifying, picking up just a single point in games against the other teams that qualified.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If there is such a thing as a morale CRUSHING win, then Italy leading Luxembourg 1-0 with 20 mins to play is surely it.

Which would obviously be good news for us.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Ref's had a good game so far, let a lot go that normally gets given. Hopefully same will apply in the finals.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If there is such a thing as a morale CRUSHING win, then Italy leading Luxembourg 1-0 with 20 mins to play is surely it.

Which would obviously be good news for us.

Italy were shocking the other day against ROI. A shadow of their former selves, over-rated.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

But this is what Italy DO, they peak at the right time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Italy were shocking the other day against ROI. A shadow of their former selves, over-rated.
I have to say I don't find that hard to believe - the media are creaming themselves over Andrea Pirlo, and he is about 94. (I know he ran the show against us in the 0-0 Euro game, but if he was old then he's proper old now)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would be concerned if I was Wellbeck or Lallana. Ox and Barkley look much more threatening

Both very direct, immense pace and power, great on the counter - they have looked very good tonight. England using the counter attack in the heat of Brazil, rather than the pressing team that opponents love to pick us off on the counter ... could be the way to go?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
These commentators are appalling. How did they miss this as Ox's injury?

image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here