Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFICIAL thread. FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 15-30 June.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Spain are absolutely ripping Uruguay to shreds (2-0 is not a fair reflection).

Come on Uruguay. I've got a tenner on Spain to win 3-1.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
How the hell was that not a penalty to Spain in injury time after Luis Suarez had scored another terrific free kick? Ridiculous. One of the most blatant fouls ever. :rant:

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Nigeria already 3-0 up and the game isn't even 30 minutes in yet.

An og and a GK error have caused 2 of their goals though!

Reckon it will end up being 5 or 6-0.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I just hope Nigeria settle for 4-0 (got a correct score bet), but I fear it could be more with this bunch of muppets they're playing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Nigerians are being so selfish, all so desperate to boost their international goal tally, ugly to see really.
Totally agree. There isn't much to like about them really. First, holding their FA to ransom and now playing like selfish twunts and absolute shite.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Totally agree. There isn't much to like about them really. First, holding their FA to ransom and now playing like selfish twunts and absolute shite.

Yeah, there's been a few attacks where they could have easily passed across goal but they have instead decide to take it round the keeper, Nigeria could have scored at least 10 tonight and will only now score 6 or 7, and they've conceded!

Silly twonks, it will cost them if Uruguay score a dozen against them

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Well, full time with the score finishing 6-1.

Very bad performance from Nigeria, scored 3 lucky goals in the first half and only scored 3 goals in the last quarter of the game because Tahiti ran out of juice.

Have to say Tahiti were brilliant, rather than sit back and defend they attacked and played positively from start to finish, and they managed to grab a goal in doing so!

Spain and Uruguay will be no where near as sloppy as Nigeria, and no where near as selfish. You would back Spain to score at least a baker's dozen, pretty much every attack Nigeria had today would have been scored by Spain, will be worth the watch.

The fact that Nigeria's coach wasn't even smiling at the end of the game says it all really. A negative, selfish and pretty much poor all round performance from the Nigerians.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
At no point did Tahiti really resort to lumping it forward as their attack of choice, nor did they park the bus - they always tried to play football properly. Respect.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
At no point did Tahiti really resort to lumping it forward as their attack of choice, nor did they park the bus - they always tried to play football properly. Respect.

... and lost 6-1.

But I liked them, plucky losers having a go. Their right winger whipped in a couple of lovely crosses.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Both teams were very poor in the Brazil v Mexico game. Neymar scored another stunning volley but there's too much pressure on him in a very average Brazilian side.

Can't be arsed to stay up for Italy/Japan - it'll probably end up being a 3-3 blinder.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Can't wait for Spain vs Tahiti tomorrow night! Only watching Tahiti's games, loving just the fact that they're there and enjoying them selves no matter what happens on the pitch.

I was thinking, they can't be that bad considering they WON the OFC championship, and they're 138th in the world, way above some of the smaller european teams such as SM and Andorra. A couple of pundits say Spain could get 20 tomorrow, if not double figures being a certainty, I'm still not sure.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here