Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** Official thread: England v Ireland, First (and only) Test Match, Lord's ***

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And there goes number 6... Broad nails O'Brien in front... who trudges off without a thought of reviewing... smashing middle and leg.

Ireland 24-6 (10.1 overs) :clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And there goes number 6... Broad nails O'Brien in front... who trudges off without a thought of reviewing... smashing middle and leg.

Ireland 24-6 (10.1 overs) :clap2:

Like the BBC comment

WICKET
O'Brien lbw Broad 4 (Ire 24-6)

This is so out that Stuart Broad hasn't bothered to appeal.

Broad brings the celebrappeal out of his locker as he absolutely smashes a delivery into Kevin O'Brien's knee roll. This is as plumb as plumb can be, and O'Brien will have to walk off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like the BBC comment

WICKET
O'Brien lbw Broad 4 (Ire 24-6)

This is so out that Stuart Broad hasn't bothered to appeal.

Broad brings the celebrappeal out of his locker as he absolutely smashes a delivery into Kevin O'Brien's knee roll. This is as plumb as plumb can be, and O'Brien will have to walk off.

Indeed. He peeled away as if he'd uprooted his middle stump!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Leach's innings is looking even more astonishing with every passing wicket. When was the last time I wonder a nightswatchman has top scored in a 40 wicket test match?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leach's innings is looking even more astonishing with every passing wicket. When was the last time I wonder a nightswatchman has top scored in a 40 wicket test match?

I still don't think any innings comes close to Ashton Agar's 98 at Trent Bridge when he came in at #11 with the score at 117/9 and took them to 280 a.o.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England win the only Test by 143 runs

Ireland 38 all out (15.4 overs)

Chris Woakes 7.4 - 2 - 17 - 6 :clap2:
Stuart Broad 8 - 3 - 19 - 4 :clap2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh Broad, you only had to aim at the bloody stumps.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't understand why this is being said by so many people. Perhaps on day 5 in a low scoring affair but on a day 3 wicket I don't think it's particularly challenging.

Chortle.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Doesn't Woakes now have RIDICULOUS figures when Bowling at Lord's? They were merely excellent before the game as far as I recall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here