Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Thread - Brighton & Hove Albion v Eastbourne Borough - Home at last ***

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I realise it will be noisy in the stadium, I was wondering if the commentry is done from within a sound proof box or something?
good point
canned laughter
canned cheering
canned screaming
they will have to get the recordings

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I realise it will be noisy in the stadium, I was wondering if the commentry is done from within a sound proof box or something?

Triple glazing and soundproofed walls I guess.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't know what you lot are moaning about, the atmosphere is good and will be incredible when this place is full.

DanielT

North stand are quiet.

Probably because it's empty

IMG_20110716_153555.jpg

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Assume it is done from just behind the dugouts in the WSL, that's where the press box is? Or do they do it from somewhere else?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'm assuming it's so quiet simply because of the numbers there- it will be nosier when full right?

It's possible that the new commentary box is so well insulated you dont hear the crowd. Sound needs balancing

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's a reserve game - and at least 1/2 empty.

With around 8,000 in the ground I would have expected it to be as noisy as a sellout game at Withdean.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's happening as we expected, 2 blokes behind me, constant babble about Chelsea and United. 'we were undone in the CL final' ' if I were In the management team at Stamford Bridge' 'we're going to struggle now with Nuer in goal, don't know how we will get without Edwin' :-(

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
who is doing the main commentary?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
With around 8,000 in the ground I would have expected it to be as noisy as a sellout game at Withdean.

Commentators use lip mics which cut out most sound apart from thier voice. On the radio (normally) they also have an FX mic that picks up sound from the ground. They may not have it up that loud. Also 8k for the SSCF is not gonna make people go crazy! People probably taking it all in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's happening as we expected, 2 blokes behind me, constant babble about Chelsea and United. 'we were undone in the CL final' ' if I were In the management team at Stamford Bridge' 'we're going to struggle now with Nuer in goal, don't know how we will get without Edwin' :-(

Some JCL's need converting to the cause , the JCB's are already up to speed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here