Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official thread: *** Albion 3-2 Leicester *** Discuss it here

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just got back.

Good effort by all concerned, especially Harty.

Knight looks very lively and I'm pretty sure will do much better than Barrett (Even though thats not hard). The only problem is us relying on him too much like we have in the past with Bobby.

I thought McPhee did OK, but never really looked like scoring.
Harding looked out of his depth a bit to me, and he did miss a real sitter. Even the squirrel could have put that one in !

I think we have just about enough cover at centre back - Hinsh played well, and if Kanchelskis does sign we would have more options out wide.

That really leaves only a BIG TARGET man to get. Lets face it, however good Knight looked tonight he's going to get lumps kicked out of him by various centre halfs this season.

With a decent target man to support Leon I think we will be there or thereabouts.

Roll on Saturday.......

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I couldn't help but think tonight how well Knight would have played with Zamora. They would have ripped most Div 2 defences apart. Shame it will never now come to pass.

:( :(

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
rested i assume

Mayo has been ever present under coppell, so coppell doesnt need to try him there because he's automatically picked

hopefully that anyway

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Blue and White said:
does anyone know where mayo was?????

The only Mayo I saw tonight was in my burger.

:lolol: :clap2: :clap2:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Good match I thought nice game to set us up for Sat. First time I,ve seen Knight impressed but how small is he!!!!!!!! hope he is not too badly hurt and is fit for Sat. My friend came with me tonight and has never seen a game of football, when we scored she got a an adrenaline rush and felt like she was going to faint!!!:lolol: I couldn,t stop laughing bless!!!:lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Roberts 8
Watson 7
Hinshelwood 7
Cullip 7
Jones 8 for the goal
Hart 8
Carpenter 6
Oatway 7
Mcphee 7
Knight 9
Harding 7
Pethick 7
Roger 6.5
Hammond 6
Marney 6
Wilkinson 7
Virgo 6
Butters 6
Have I missed anyone ?
All round team performance 8
Crowd 4
Squirrel 10

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I was delighted with the performance tonight, obviously the game drifted away 2nd half because of all the substitutions but it was a fine team performance.

I was particularly impressed with Hinshelwood, Harding and Mcphee of our younger players who all produced telling contributions.

Knight was a real Handful, really need to sign him now, and Roberts had a good game in goal, his kicking was excellent.

All looking very rosy, I still feel another forward is required to give us a bit more back up.
Leicester were awful, didnt create an opening of any note in the first 45 mins, only a Deane header that was offside.

They are really lacking up front, the only player they were missing was Les Ferdinand, I can see a very long hard season for Micky.

Well thats it from me.. A TOP NIGHT THOUGH....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I might have missed something, but I've seen various references to Beach Boy's work permit problems/international clearance.

I thought he was Irish (and as such would not need a work permit). Have I got that wrong?

Great result by the sound of it.... feeling more optimistic by the day.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Roberts - Made a superb save from a close rnage shot, got down quick. Made other good saves and looked very comfortable. He'll be our number one.

Hinshelwood - Look very calm and composed and delt with every brilliantly. He looks good enough for our first team.

Jones - His best game for a long time. As always, very good coming forward. Started the move that lead to his own goal.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I agree that we need a target man to play alongside Knight but I have to say I was impressed with McPhee. He may not have looked like scoring but he held the ball up well and tackled back well. He looks 10 times the player he was last season.
Very impressed with Harding as well.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Report from Sky. I guess maths isn't their strong point...

"Micky Adams had an unhappy return to Brighton, where Nathan Jones late goal gave the Seagulls a 3-2 win.

First-half goals from Gary Hart and Leon Knight put the Division Two outfit two goals to the good, but Riccardo Scimeca equalised with a free-kick before half-time, and a Jamie Scowcroft header just before the hour mark made it 2-2 - until Jones' late intervention. "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here