Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Southampton Away Thread - Away tickets sold out

I have just bought my tickets, and I must say was really impressed with how helpful they were.

I got the seats I wanted, near the front, so my lad's view wont be blocked by selfish standers.

I think we will easily bust thru 2k. ATC says over 800 already sold, and Blue and white members are not even allowed to buy yet. The fact they say they think there will be 1000 left for white members suggests that 2200 of the 3200 might be sold come Wednesday

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Without a doubt our performance at your place last season was one of the best, and we're not "the top team" we are the top team by some distance, mathematically you are closer to relegation than to us and you have scored 20 to our 27, you have conceded 12 to our 8, we have won 10 to your 7 and importantly we have lost 1 to your 5 so we are in all aspects the better team this year by a noticeable margin and my prediction that you will not see a great deal of the ball is not cocky, it is the way we play the game by making the opposition chase the ball getting them all frustrated, and do you know what? Look at the table and see if it works, ask a charlton or peterboro fan how hard it is to firstly get the ball, and secondly do anything with the thing!

For the record, you are on Brighton's forum saying that I am being cocky for telling you how we now play the game, the irony of a stains fan calling a Brighton fan cocky :laugh:

Think you will find that since we have gone top the gap from us to second is gradually increasing as we gradually get better as a whole club, not just the starting 11.

Enjoy the chase :clap2:

All fair points but to think we will just flicky-flicky them into submission is in for a shock IMO.

I would love us to turn them over by 4 or 5 but Southampton are a COMPLETELY different proposition to what they were a couple of months ago.

It will be a TOUGH one.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Planning on paying on the day. Assuming the away allocation sells out, am I correct in assuming I'll be able to sneak anonymously in with the home fans? (Its not all ticket is it?)

Note:
- I'll be on my lonesome
- I am not a thug

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Planning on paying on the day. Assuming the away allocation sells out, am I correct in assuming I'll be able to sneak anonymously in with the home fans? (Its not all ticket is it?)

Note:
- I'll be on my lonesome
- I am not a thug

Go for 'Itchen North Wing' to get next to the away section

I think you have to pay an extra £2 if you buy on the day at St Marys

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Go for 'Itchen North Wing' to get next to the away section

I think you have to pay an extra £2 if you buy on the day at St Marys

I think there's no Pay on the day for this fixture in the home end. I could be wrong though.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Simple question but do you think it is likely everyone will be made to sit in their actual seats?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Simple question but do you think it is likely everyone will be made to sit in their actual seats?

No. You can stand on the pitch as well. They won't mind.

Seriously, if you have a ticket with a seat number on it, why would you want to sit somewhere else? If you sit there and someone else turns up to sit in the seat they have been allocated you are going to be moved. To the seat where you were allocated. Unless someone else is in it. In which case it will be repeated ad nauseum.

Seriously again - I don't think they will give a toss as long as people behave themselves and don't f*** it up for everyone else.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I think there's no Pay on the day for this fixture in the home end. I could be wrong though.

I believe there is no pay on the day at the moment. If you can't get into the Away end then you can pretty much go anywhere, although I recommend you give the Northam a miss. Come and sit in the Chapel end, it's nice and friendly down there and you stand very little chance of being removed as long as you don't make a tit of yourself (or turn up in full Seagulls kit!). It's mainly family (although we do get some overspill from other areas) and the bar service is nice and quick at half time!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
All fair points but to think we will just flicky-flicky them into submission is in for a shock IMO.

I would love us to turn them over by 4 or 5 but Southampton are a COMPLETELY different proposition to what they were a couple of months ago.

It will be a TOUGH one.

Will need to keep Lallana and Guly out of the game as much as possible - they are lethal. The rest are containable and can be made to chase the game. Southampton have changed from being a team whose head drops when they go behind or start to lose control of the match to being a team that will fight back. Some fairly "clumpy" defenders who can be enticed into fouls thought...

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
I'm a Segulls fan that goes to uni in southampton so have seen both teams play a couple of times this season including recent perfomances and think that we are looking much more impressive.

Had a great time at this fixture last time partying in the Brighton end whilst my soton mates just go to watch 3,200 brighton fans make all the noise so hoping for a repeat.

Noticed lots have people have been talking about standing. They are trying to crack down on this at st marys as Northam stand next to the away fans never sits down. but I went to saints FA cup game last sat and even with one of the lowest attendances of the season and a poor game the stewards failed to make many sit down.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ticket just dropped through the door, block 43. have we got the whole stand behind the goal?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
No their singing fans in Northam take up some of the stand to the right of the goal(if looks from the stand) so away fans are to the left and into the corner

What he was saying is that, according to the seating plan on the Saints website, block 43 is a home block NEXT to our section.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Stewards will no doubt try but the normal attitude of sit where you like will take over I'd imagine.

I will sit in my seat if it is decent position othrwise I'll move

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What he was saying is that, according to the seating plan on the Saints website, block 43 is a home block NEXT to our section.

Bang on! Should really have added that bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here