Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Southampton Away Thread - Away tickets sold out

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Either way Saints and Albion are 1st and 2nd for the past 6 and past 8 so should be an encounter with the quality of football fit for the upper regions of the championship.

Just dont expect us to be as shit as the corresponding fixture last season.

Expect us to be a totally different class this time, also don't think you will see too much of the ball :lolol:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Expect us to be a totally different class this time, also don't think you will see too much of the ball :lolol:

Most of my Albion friends and family members say that the performance at SMS last season was your best one last season (or at least one of them). This season you have been producing those performances but consistenly.

We on the other hand thought we would win just by turning up last year. This year I expect us to play well simply coz were up against "the top team"

I solidly believe if it wasnt for all our turmoil at the begining of the season, both Albion and Saints would be well clear of the play off pack in first and second places.

So to expect us to not see much of the ball is slightly cocky if you ask me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Most of my Albion friends and family members say that the performance at SMS last season was your best one last season (or at least one of them). This season you have been producing those performances but consistenly.

We on the other hand thought we would win just by turning up last year. This year I expect us to play well simply coz were up against "the top team"

I solidly believe if it wasnt for all our turmoil at the begining of the season, both Albion and Saints would be well clear of the play off pack in first and second places.

You accused me of being cocky on your shit site, which I thought was a bit rich. After we both played Tranmere and Bumfluff, you were quick to point out how the gap had shortened to "only" 7 points.

It's back up to ten now, and I haven't heard a PEEP out of you since that last one.

P.S. We're f***ing brilliant, and you'll hardly see the ball. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You accused me of being cocky on your shit site, which I thought was a bit rich. After we both played Tranmere and Bumfluff, you were quick to point out how the gap had shortened to "only" 7 points.

It's back up to ten now, and I haven't heard a PEEP out of you since that last one.

P.S. We're f***ing brilliant, and you'll hardly see the ball. :thumbsup:

Brotherly love :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hoping the club will sell me tickets near the front, so my kids dont have to stand on chairs to see the game.....

In fact, I think i will ask the club.................

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: what a rude post

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

looking forward to ruining your cup final sir. and by the way... you really won't see much of the ball!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: what a rude post

Why is that a rude post?

As a club we want to bring back the lost younger generations to the club, here we have a guy who is taking two youngsters to away games and because of all these people who want to break the law about standing in seated areas these kids cannot see the game. The next thing will be that these kids will no longer want to go to support the Albion and he is spending a lot of money taking them.
If you read his post about Peterborough he says it was fine there because he could move to where they can see, but when you in allocated seating and the kids get two six foot guys standing in front of them then there is nothing he can do.
Do any of you look behind you at these away games and worry that you are blocking the view of these kids or do just take the selfish view and say b*llocks I’m OK I can see. I do think that there should be sections at all grounds for away fans that are family sections that take this problem away.
But there is no way that the ticket office can do anything about the problem and I think he is on a losing battle even asking.

I would bet that he is not the only one who has asked this question at the ticket office.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why is that a rude post?

As a club we want to bring back the lost younger generations to the club, here we have a guy who is taking two youngsters to away games and because of all these people who want to break the law about standing in seated areas these kids cannot see the game. The next thing will be that these kids will no longer want to go to support the Albion and he is spending a lot of money taking them.
If you read his post about Peterborough he says it was fine there because he could move to where they can see, but when you in allocated seating and the kids get two six foot guys standing in front of them then there is nothing he can do.
Do any of you look behind you at these away games and worry that you are blocking the view of these kids or do just take the selfish view and say b*llocks I’m OK I can see. I do think that there should be sections at all grounds for away fans that are family sections that take this problem away.
But there is no way that the ticket office can do anything about the problem and I think he is on a losing battle even asking.

I would bet that he is not the only one who has asked this question at the ticket office.

I am no Peter Jones, but I'd say if we are selling something - of which we make £0 money on, in fact I'd say we make a LOSS [postage, packaging, man hours] then hiring EXTRA people and building EXTRA processes, because poor Rupert and Freddie want to sit in the first 2 rows does not sound like a great business decision to me.

My advice, same as it has been for the last 15 years, that I have been going to football [since I was 8...] is at away games, if you want to be near the front, or get a seat in a certain bit, get there early and find a suitable seat. 90% of the time, you'll be fine and most people would understand.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am no Peter Jones, but I'd say if we are selling something - of which we make £0 money on, in fact I'd say we make a LOSS [postage, packaging, man hours] then hiring EXTRA people and building EXTRA processes, because poor Rupert and Freddie want to sit in the first 2 rows does not sound like a great business decision to me.

My advice, same as it has been for the last 15 years, that I have been going to football [since I was 8...] is at away games, if you want to be near the front, or get a seat in a certain bit, get there early and find a suitable seat. 90% of the time, you'll be fine and most people would understand.

As I have said in my post, I agree there is nothing that the ticket office can do, but you are again trying to get people to do things that are not correct.
He gets there early finds three seats in the front rows then just before kick off he asked to move to his proper seats by a steward, as another father arrived with two other kids is insisting on having his seats . Just because we as fans cannot conform and take the seats we have been allocated and sit down in them. It is a simple solution, but we all seem to think it is fair game that it is a free for all at away games and do what you like. I for one would love to see stewards throwing people out for standing in seated areas.
Will you all be standing at the Amex? I think not.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not saying its right, but its the way it works, everyone knows that ???

You even admit that the ticket office are not set up to do this, and I am sure that this is the same at all clubs, so in that case how is what the poster asking the club, fair and the way he has written it, not rude?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't see how it was a rude question, that's all.
I would even argue that of all the people that stand at the away games 70% would rather sit as they all do at home, but unfortunately we have this perception now that standing is the thing to do and it has a snowball effect.
Once people stand at the front the people behind have no choice.

Can I ask you, do you worry if you are blocking a kids view at the game or not?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am usually concious of who is immediately around me, but at Charlton I was 4 rows from the back, so I would not sit down, if there were kids behind me.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am not having a go at you, but can you understand how this guy feels, having paid all this money out to take kids to these games and at present they have been able to see 1 in 3 because of this stupid attitude that everyone has to stand.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Without a doubt our performance at your place last season was one of the best, and we're not "the top team" we are the top team by some distance, mathematically you are closer to relegation than to us and you have scored 20 to our 27, you have conceded 12 to our 8, we have won 10 to your 7 and importantly we have lost 1 to your 5 so we are in all aspects the better team this year by a noticeable margin and my prediction that you will not see a great deal of the ball is not cocky, it is the way we play the game by making the opposition chase the ball getting them all frustrated, and do you know what? Look at the table and see if it works, ask a charlton or peterboro fan how hard it is to firstly get the ball, and secondly do anything with the thing!

For the record, you are on Brighton's forum saying that I am being cocky for telling you how we now play the game, the irony of a stains fan calling a Brighton fan cocky :laugh:

Think you will find that since we have gone top the gap from us to second is gradually increasing as we gradually get better as a whole club, not just the starting 11.

Enjoy the chase :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here