Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ZAMORA HAILS A SPECIAL GOAL

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion striker Bobby Zamora was left lost for words after coming off the bench to net his first Amex goal last night's 2-1 win over Bristol City.The 34-year-old's 82nd-minute winner was his first home goal for the club since scoring in a 4-0 win over Watford in April 2003.
He said, "It's nice to score and get three points once again. I'm almost speechless to be honest. To score two in two when coming on as a sub is special and it's Brighton!
"Obviously a lot like Saturday's match, it's great to be scoring goals for Brighton again. The club means so much to me and it was great to get the winning goal again.
"It's nice to get one away and one at home, as all the boxes are ticked and our unbeaten record continues.
"It was a reaction finish; when you do shooting practice for so many years it becomes second nature or instinct; you just try to hit the target.
"I didn't really try to place it or anything like that, from where I was looking there was not much space between the defenders or the posts, so I had a bit of luck.
"You have just got to try and hit the target when you get half a chance."
The forward believes that Albion were good value for the victory and went on to praise the squad's will to win.
"We created a lot of chances and I think we deserved the win overall. It shows our character coming from behind, and also the perseverance and spirit shown from the lads.
"We're going to need it this year; it isn't going to always be as rosy as it has been so far this season; there will be a sticky patch and the togetherness we showed last night will help us get through it."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Zamora was also delighted for Sam Baldock, who found the net against his former club to end a run of 10 games without a goal to level the scores at 1-1."That was his goal, he deserves it as he works his socks off week in, week out for us and I've been blown away by his contribution.
"He's a massive part of our success and so is Tomer [Hemed], who has contributed with his goals and hold-up play.
"They both deserve a lot of credit. People don't always see the hard work, they judge strikers on goals and there are times when you don't score but you do everything else and the work they do for the team is second to none."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here