Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Schooley Receives Heroes Award

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
AITC’s Martin Schooley collected the BBC Sussex Community Heroes Sports Award last Thursday...
In the picturesque surroundings of Wakehurst Place in Ardingly, Martin was awarded for his unstinting efforts for Albion in the Community’s Inclusion department and received his deserved accolade alongside community heroes nominated in Bravery, 999, Good Neighbour, Fundraiser/Volunteer, Local Entrepreneur and Young Person of Courage or Achievement categories.
Martin has worked for AITC for 12 years.
Jacob Naish, AITC’s head of community and cohesion, paid tribute to his colleague, “Martin really does make a difference to young people’s lives in Brighton and Hove. He manages the Kickz project in the Whitehawk area of Brighton, which has engaged over 1,000 teenagers across the city in the past year, giving them the opportunity to be involved in sports projects including boxing, football and street dance. The initiative also gives those involved the chance to gain qualifications and complete training and workshops about substance and alcohol misuse.”
The project has reduced street crime in the local area and has made a difference to the young people’s lives, bringing the community together. In Martin’s spare time he manages under-16s and under-18s football teams, taking them to matches and tournaments across the county. He not only puts 100 per cent effort into his work, he gives up many of his weekends and evenings for football matches and tournaments around Sussex.
“Martin’s efforts really make a difference to the city of Brighton and Hove, and gives the young people he engages with the opportunity to be involved in projects that can help make changes to their lives. For over a decade Martin has worked tirelessly for young people in the most deprived areas of the city. We are so proud of him here at Albion in the Community.”
Martin said, “I was very humbled to receive the award. I am very passionate about my role at Albion in the Community and I'm honoured to receive recognition for a job I love.”
AITC’s joint managing director Steve Ford added, “Everyone at AITC is incredibly proud of Martin’s achievement. For many years he’s worked in hugely challenging circumstances and has made a real impact on the young people he works with.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here