Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: Key Moments Cost Us

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet felt that his side were better than the scoreline suggested at Sheffield Wednesday, but was left ruing key incidents in the game.
Albion fell behind after five minutes, before being reduced to ten men when Ashley Barnes saw red during the first half. Andrea Orlandi's 54th minute goal pulled the visitors back into the game, only to concede a third just two minutes later.
Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, “We played better than people think. Everyone will look at the scoreline and then watch the goals on the highlights but we were better than that.
“We were on the back foot early on but I was not worried at all because our team was there and we had players who could make the difference on the pitch.
“But there are key moments in a game and that moment was the sending off and the goal that followed from the resulting free-kick. It was one of the worst goals we have conceded this season which is very disappointing.
“I don’t want to be unfair to the opposition but in the second half we were the better team. We got ourselves back into the game but again we conceded at the wrong time, a goal we should not concede. The goals were not us and I’m very disappointed with them in particular.”
Despite leaving Hillsborough empty handed the Albion boss said that he had no complaints about Barnes’ red card for a challenge on Kieran Lee.
“I was quite far away from it but we can’t complain about it. I got sent off as a player, Tano got sent off as a player and so did Charlie.
“He knows what he’s done and he doesn’t need anyone else to say anything to him. That’s football and these things happen. It just can’t happen too often.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here