[Official Site] Oscar: Point was Fair Result

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia said the 1-1 draw at Bournemouth was the correct outcome after a classic game of two halves.The old cliché was never truer than at the Goldsands Stadium as the hosts were on top for the opening 45 minutes before Albion came out with purpose after the break, with Ashley Barnes's magnificent strike earning the Seagulls a point.
Oscar told seagulls.co.uk, “I feel it was a good point for us, we wanted to pick up all three but it wasn’t possible.
“We have to give Bournemouth credit because they played very well. It was a balanced game and a point was the correct result.
“It was one half to them and a half to us. The first half they played better but in the second we played much better than them.
“I am very happy with our performance in the second half. We did most of the things we spoke about in the dressing room and I am very pleased to see my players’ reaction after half-time.*
“We came here to have a go. We are on a good run and we wanted to keep the momentum going and we are happy because we have done that.”
Meanwhile the Spaniard praised youngster Rohan Ince’s display while the fixture also saw the return of Andrea Orlandi, and Liam Bridcutt also got more minutes under his belt as the two players continue their recovery from injury.
“I am very happy with Ince, he is playing very well and training well. He is one of the young players that wants to improve every day, he wants to be fit to play every game. Jake Forster-Caskey, Solly March and him are the future of this team.
“We had to take Rohan off though because he picked up a slight knock but he will be okay for Tuesday.
“The returning players lack match fitness and have to play gradually, however, all the players that have been playing have been performing well and deserved to keep their places.”
Oscar also urged people not to judge Barnes just on goals, applauding the frontman’s overall work ethic before thanking the fans for their tremendous support once again.
“For his confidence the goal will be very good, but as a player he helps out a lot. In defence he works very hard and it is not easy to play alone up front.
“But now we want to play in front of our fans, we had great travelling support today and we appreciate that. We want to dedicate a win to them in the next game.“

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports