Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar Delighted by Reaction

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia praised his side for giving him the reaction he demanded after the defeat to Barnsley in midweek.*
An Ashley Barnes brace along with Craig Conway’s first goal for the club gave Albion an excellent 3-1 win over league leaders Leicester at the Amex.
Oscar told seagulls.co.uk, “I wanted a reaction from the players and they did really well. I felt we played one of our best games of the season and it was certainly the best first half that we have played here. *
“We started well today, not slowly like we did against Barnsley and we deserved this result. *
“Leicester are one of the best teams in the league and they have a good squad with a great manager and are doing very well, but we only gave them one real chance – which they scored from, and to be fair I believe we played a lot better than them.
“When you play against the top-of-the-league side your motivation is already high but all of the players gave 100 per cent today.*
*“We got the early goal but it was not only that. It was the mentality that we showed, the way that we pressed and our desire to get the ball back when we lost it. *
“We spoke about a lot of things before the game and the players delivered the lot. *
barnes-71213-l229-1221138.jpg

“I gave the players the same message today as I gave them on Tuesday. It didn’t work then but I’m glad it worked today! I hope that we can continue this level of performance now.
“I don’t want to single out individuals tonight as the whole team did really well. *Our second goal was one of the best team goals this season but again I don’t want to highlight individuals.”
Albion are within three points of the play-offs, but the head coach was not allowing himself to get too carried away with the win.
“The players have never heard the word 'promotion' or the word 'play-offs' from me.*
“They have only heard me focusing on the next game and now we start thinking about Middlesbrough. *
“It would be a mistake to start thinking about promotion. Maybe one month before the end of the season we will see where we are.”
Meanwhile Oscar confirmed that Will Buckley has an ankle problem he picked up against Barnsley but hopes to see the winger return ahead of Middlesbrough, although he admits they are being careful that they do not rush back Leo Ulloa and Andrea Orlandi.*
"I hope Buckley will be back next week. He turned his ankle in the week, and we tested him pre match but it was too painful.
"Andrea is closer to a return after his knee problem and Leo is training, but after an injury like his we must be cautious."*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here