Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oatway Wary of Foxes Bite

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Charlie Oatway admitted that he is surprised to see Albion sitting ahead of Leicester City in the Championship but has urged the players to be wary of the Foxes' firepower when the two sides meet on Saturday.
The winner of the crunch match will finish the weekend in the play-off positions and the Albion first-team coach has encouraged the players to approach the game like a cup final.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m surprised to be above them. I’m surprised to be above quite a few other teams as well though, but that’s just my personal opinion.
“There are teams that should be a lot higher but that comes down to the pat on the back that the players, the gaffer and Tano deserve for what they are doing.
“I look at the table and think that clubs should be looking at themselves and wandering why they are not a bit higher than what they are.
“Leicester can score goal after goal in a game – that’s how high I rate them. They have gone through a bit of a rut but they are a very good footballing side and they were my tip to go up automatically, above Cardiff.
“There are enough games for them to change this period around. Look at their players; if they go and win their last five or six games it wouldn’t surprise anyone.”
With six games remaining Albion are two points inside the play-off positions and after experiencing this situation as a player, Oatway is confident that the squad is strong enough mentally to maintain their position.
“I’ve said many times that we have got a great group of lads here, and I’m sure every manager will say that. But we really have got a great changing room with some great players and fantastic men. They are good guys and they are managing the situation and coping with it.
“They are a bit wounded after drawing to Forest and Charlton but we are in amongst the play-off positions so it’s down to ourselves now. Before we were looking for a few results to go our way but now we are there and it’s down to us to stay there until the bitter end.
“We have players with experience and hopefully that will see us through. They will be there to help the younger lads who need some mental help, because this kind of situation can be draining.
“We need to make sure we pick up as many points as we can and make sure that we’re in that pack at the end of the season.”
Tickets are still available for the Leicester visit on Saturday. Purchase*online, via the ticketline – 0844 327 1901 – and in person at both ticket offices, located at the Amex and in Queens Road, Brighton.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here