Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-070914-l229-1902169_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
19:18 28th September 2014
by James Hilsum
I wouldn’t necessarily say I was pleased as a lot of things that we worked on in midweek did not come out as fluently as I would have liked."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs says there is still room for improvement following his side’s 3-1 win over Queens Park Rangers today.
The Seagulls recorded a fourth win their opening six games thanks to goals from Fliss Gibbons, Lucy Somes and Jay Blackie, but the Albion manager says the display could have been more fluent.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m satisfied the performance. I wouldn’t necessarily say I was pleased as a lot of things that we worked on in midweek did not come out as fluently as I would have liked.
“However we still performed to a half decent level and I’m satisfied with the performance.
“There were some good finishes by Somesy and Fliss, while Jay showed some real determination to head the ball in for the third goal.
“In that sense, it was really positive with regards to people wanting to get around the box and work themselves into goal-scoring positions.”
“QPR sat in deep and made it difficult for us to play. They didn’t come out and press until the latter stages when we looked a little bit tired and leggy, but they sat in and tried to hit us on the counter-attack a couple of times.
“We defended against them quite comfortably in the first-half, but let them have a bit more of the ball in the second-half. Credit to them, they worked really hard and provided us with a stern test, which was important.”[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Marrs was also pleased to welcome Lisa Fulgence back from a shoulder injury, as she came on for the final ten minutes to make her Albion debut.
“It’s brilliant to see her back playing again and she’s done a lot of hard work in the gym. Her rehab programme has been really tough, so it’s good for her to grace the field again and she got 20 minutes under her belt.
“It will take her time to get back to match fitness, but the more minutes she gets in each game, the better.
“We’ll be looking to push on from this game against Gillingham on Thursday night, and we’ll be looking for another good performance with a good attitude and see where that takes us.”[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h]TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h]saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here