Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA: WE WILL TURN CORNER

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia says he’s seen enough to believe his squad have what it takes to turn a corner and start turning draws into wins.Albion were held to a fourth draw in the last five games at Huddersfield last night, as Lewis Dunk’s header cancelled Jacob Butterfield’s opener for the home side.
Hyypia told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s one point again. We’d rather go home with the three points but what happened was the same as has happened many times this season.
“We conceded early and we had to chase the game. That is never a very good starting point. We are making it more difficult for ourselves – but we got back to 1-1 at half time.
“I thought that we’d continue from where we left off in the first half, but somehow we couldn’t get our game going in the second.
“I believe the squad has what it takes to turn the corner and go on a long run. We’ll see what happens, we’ll keep the faith, keep positive and I’m sure the results will come.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Ahead of the game Hyypia called for more fight from his players and the Finn was delighted with the attitude and desire shown, as his team fought their way back into the game after an early setback.He added, “I think in that period after their goal we played better than we did in the second half. I was very happy with the response of the players to come back to 1-1, but in the second half we could’ve done better.
“We showed what we can do to get back into the game, but I hope that we can keep the consistency to do it for 90 minutes and to find that little bit of quality in the final third. We are working hard to improve, but we have to accept this point.
“We were defending a lot but I thought we defended okay, but only defending won’t give you the points. We have to accept one point from this game.”
Meanwhile Hyypia admitted he hadn’t seen a replay of Jake Forster-Caskey’s disallowed effort and refused to comment on referee Gary Sutton’s decision to send off Kazenga LuaLua in stoppage time for a second bookable offence.
“I haven’t seen the situation, but I guess with the disallowed goal it was offside and we need to accept what the referees do. We can’t change it, but I have nothing to say about the last minute.”
LuaLua will miss Saturday’s visit of Rotherham United, but captain Gordon Greer is available for selection – as club secretary Derek Allan last night confirmed the skipper has only received four yellow cards this season, not five as previously reported.
Hyypia confirmed Joe Bennett missed last night’s match with a slight hamstring issue, but he hopes to have the left-back available for the weekend.
[h=3]ALBION V rotherham
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V wigan
[/h]tuesday 4th november, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v blackburn
[/h]SATURDAY 8TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here