Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA: ATTITUDE SPOT ON

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia tonight praised the attitude of his players after a comfortable 3-0 win at Burton Albion set up a fourth round Capital One Cup tie against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane.

Hyypia said, “Our attitude was good. The players did not drop the level of what they can do and when you have that kind of approach, the mentality is to maintain your level, or even raise it, and keep the tempo, and try to do the right things for 90 minutes then you make it easier for yourself.“We are in the next round, that’s the most important thing. It was a professional performance. We spoke about it before the game; that we needed the right attitude to start well and go for 90 minutes. Most of the time, the players did that and it was a comfortable win.
“It’s good that we got an early goal, moved the ball well and scored three. Hopefully we can take some confidence into the game on Saturday in Nottingham with this performance.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Hyypia was disappointed with the decision to send off Inigo Calderon late in the game, after his challenge was deemed serious foul play by referee Darren Bond.The decision looked harsh on Albion’s captain for the evening, as he only had eyes for the ball before accidentally catching his opponent and Hyypia added, “He saw him late and raised his foot to the ball, but he touched the ball first.
“We may try and appeal. I don’t know if we will appeal or not, we will wait and see – but I don’t think the appeal will make any difference.”
paddy-ll229-1959223.jpg

Calderon will be banned for three games, as a result of the dismissal – starting this weekend – but Hyypia says he is likely to make changes, but didn’t rule out a first league start for Paddy McCourt – who impressed in midfield tonight.
“People say don’t change a winning team, but there will probably be one or two changes on Saturday.
“Paddy’s a very good player on the ball, he can see passes, he can dribble and is quite calm on the ball. He trusts his skills and he has the quality to hurt people with his passing and dribbling. He made a goal and also did a lot of good things tonight.***
“Last Saturday he came on and did pretty well as well, but he was maybe trying too much to show us what he can do. We need to see for Saturday what the situation is, but he’s much fitter; I think he knows that himself and tonight I saw that he was trying to do his defensive tasks perfectly as well.
“He was running back and that’s what we want him to do. When he can do that in a higher level in the league games, then why not?”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h] TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h] SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h] saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here