hyypia-081114-ld229-2072193_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
10:00 9th November 2014
by James Hilsum
We have a little break now and it’s important for the players to recover."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia believes the international break has come at a good time for his players, following a 1-1 draw with Blackburn Rovers at the Amex on Saturday.Albion now have a two-week break from competitive action until they face Norwich City at Carrow Road on 22nd November and Hyypia feels it is important his players have time to recharge.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We have a little break now and it’s important for the players to recover. They are all quite young so their physical recovery should only take a few days, but mentally recovering is just as important.
“It’s good to spend a few days thinking about something else or for the players to do something else, before the players come back and work on what we need to improve ahead of the Norwich game.
“We need to accept what’s happened and take responsibility for our actions on the pitch, but we need to be positive by looking forward.
“We need to make sure we do everything we can on the training field, as that’s the only way we can move higher up in the table.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hyypia also praised the impact of recent loan signing Elliott Bennett and believes his displays have been a contributing factor in the side’s improved performances - and is keen to extend his stay at the Amex."Elliott is a very good player that can help us long term as well I think and he's a good character and brings good qualities to the dressing room.
"He can't play the next game against Norwich. I don't know what happens after that, but I hope that he stays because he's definitely helping the team.
"Good players with quality can help the team to do better and he is helping the team to improve."
[h=3]ALBION V Fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]friDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here