Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-burton-l229-3310400_613x460.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:33 17th September 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
The key points from the Albion manager's press conference.
He’ll definitely train [Sam Baldock], and then it will be my choice for the weekend."
Chris Hughton
At his pre-match press conference, Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton delivered the team news, spoke highly of Burton Albion’s manager - and his well-known father, before analysing the club’s transfer activity during his time with the Seagulls.
baldock-fulham-l229-3194686.jpg

Team News: “He’ll definitely train [Sam Baldock], and then it will be my choice for the weekend. He hasn’t missed much, and trained right up until Sunday, so it’s not as if he’s missed a long period of time.
“For as much as you want to get players back early, you want them to come back in and stay. So there’s been a touch of frustration, but it’s part and parcel of the game.
“Kazenga LuaLua ended up having an operation on Wednesday, which was a bit of a blow. We knew he had a little problem with his knee, we had it assessed and it was determined a small operation was needed.
“However, it was very successful and we expect him back in around six weeks. Richie Towell’s injury has been an on-going one; Solly [March] trained - which is good news, and Uwe [Huenemeier] and Connor [Goldson] are back in training and very much available.”
Nigel and Brian Clough: “Nigel was a good player, but it can be a tough ask for somebody coming into the game with a father of that magnitude. But he’s gone about his business the way he wants to, and he’s been very successful doing it.
“He’s an incredibly down-to-earth individual, and I think that’s what has helped him. He’s tried to live as normal a life as possible, and I don’t think he’s felt the pressure of his father.
“When I was at West Ham, we played Nottingham Forest in the semi-final of the FA Cup, and I remember sitting in the changing room with him [Brian Clough] for a few minutes, and like most people in his company, I was in awe of him and what he’d achieved.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

signings-310816-l229-3283855.jpg
Window Activity: “The January window was one of our best windows, because we brought [Anthony] Knockaert and [Jiri] Skalak in, but the most important window was the summer before this one.
“If you look at the core of the team now, some of them came in that period of time last summer, and it enabled us to go into this summer not having to do much work.
“We still would have liked to have brought in another forward, there’s no secret on that, but it’s not too bad coming through this recent window missing out in just one area.
“The summer before was significant, it gave us the really good grounding heading into this summer, and made things a lot easier.
“We got Sidwell in early; Glenn was on the agenda for quite some time; while Seb [Pocognoli] was somebody we looked at last January and was always in the frame.
“The nice surprise was Oliver Norwood, who we didn’t think would come available; and bringing in Shane [Duffy] has really strengthened us at the back.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here