Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
duffy-l229-3324130_613x460.jpg

Shane Duffy
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:49 24th September 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
Albion's defender has formed a good understanding with Lewis Dunk.
I feel comfortable alongside him, he's a very good player who is going to help me, and hopefully I can help him."
Shane Duffy
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Shane Duffy is settling in well at the club and highlighted his flourishing central defensive partnership with Lewis Dunk.Duffy is happy to be playing alongside his new team-mate in the heart of Albion’s defence, and feels that Dunk shares a number of qualities with his former Everton colleague John Stones.
He said, "The last couple of games have been good. I feel comfortable alongside him, he's a very good player who is going to help me, and hopefully I can help him.
"It takes time. As centre-halves you need to work together and it can't just happen after one or two games. The more you play, the more you know each other and build up an understanding.
“He [John Stones] reminds me a bit of Dunky. I see similarities between them from when I was playing with him.
“That's the highest compliment I can give Dunky, at the moment, because of how good Stones is.”
The 24-year-old is now looking to contribute at both ends of the pitch for the club, as he aims to improve on last season’s tally of four goals.
“I should have scored a lot more last season. I had more chances than most of our strikers last year. I had another chance on Saturday, which I was disappointed not to take, but I think they will come.
“I always try and score as many goals as I can, and I know Lewis [Dunk] does as well. So I want to try and beat last year’s target, as I should have got double figures last season, if I’m being harsh on myself.
“If I keep getting into the right areas, then I will have one season where I get more goals than what people expect, and it’s a big thing that I’m trying to improve in my game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Republic of Ireland international looked then ahead to this afternoon’s game against Barnsley and praised the Tykes for their impressive start to the season.“I know a few of the lads there, they’ve surprised everyone. That’s what you get with a good manager and team. It’s going to be a tough game, we know what we’re up against, but I’m looking forward to it.
“He’s [Conor Hourihane] a great player that’s taken this league by storm. I came through with their goalkeeper as well [Adam Davies at Everton]; they’ve got a good team there.
“It’s going to be a tough game, but if we play to our potential, we’ll be strong enough.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here