Jun 5, 2011
2-brezovan-press-14feb14-ld-1229-1360577_478x359.jpg

Brezovan shares a joke with the media during the pre match press conference

PUBLISHED
19:42 14th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
It is probably the most famous domestic cup in the world"
Peter Brezovan
Peter Brezovan is hoping for another chance to impress in goal against Hull City in the FA Cup on Monday night.
The Slovakian has played every minute of this season’s cup run and is eyeing another opportunity to display his qualities.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It is probably the most famous domestic cup in the world but any cup competition is good for players who don't always play in the league.
“The players can show the manager what they can do and it's a great opportunity to impress.
"I've played a few games this season but obviously for any player it's disappointing when you're not in the team, but if you have an opportunity to play a game then it's always great."
kuszczak-derby-l229-1302100.jpg

Brezovan hailed the quality of Tomasz Kuszczak*
The shot stopper added that he was content with his displays so far this season when he has been called upon and was full of praise for his friend and fellow keeper Tomasz Kuszczak.
“I was happy with my performances, I hadn’t played for a year so I was glad to get some game time. It is hard as everyone wants to play but Tomasz has played very well and for the team it is great how he has been playing.
“It is a competition but if you asked Casper [Ankergren] he would probably say the same as me. Tomasz has big value and maybe he will play, he is great keeper but we have to fight for the spot.
“And we help each other out as we are friends; I played darts with Tomasz yesterday and he didn’t beat me once!”
harper-l229-1360576.jpg

Harper had a brief spell with Albion
Brezovan will be reunited with fellow goalkeeper Steve Harper, who temporarily played for Albion in October 2011 on a one-month loan deal and is now at Hull as a player-goalkeeping coach.
"He [Steve] came here because he said he had the opportunity to help, and he did just that. In training he always told us what we did wrong and gave advice; he is a very good guy."
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here