Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thread down to page 3 lads?

Let's keep posting, firstly to make sure everyone's ok and secondly to share details of those glorious solo runs. The weather was lovely this morning so the prom was busy, though most seemed to be observing a "one metre apart" rule and there was no unofficial parkrun type thing. Did a 50 min to the peace statue and back with the middle bit at "aerobic" pace. I've also asked coach if I can go up to 5 runs a week from 4 without injury risk. Seems silly not to take advantage of nicer weather and working from home.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another glorious run up to Cissbury Ring for me yesterday with the dog. Taking it easy as:

a) It's a big old climb
b) Advice seems to be to not over-do things to give the immune system a chance
c) I still don't really have any proper grippy trail shoes, and I can still remember oh-to-well the morning I wiped out three times up there and really smashed myself up!

It also marked 50 days of my Runstreak if I've calculated correctly.

We'll be doing a family long walk with the dog later today, so I suspect today's run will be on the road.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I did my own parkrun this morning around Hove Lagoon and I came first - IN YOUR FACE [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] :lol::lol::lol:

I’ve actually run six days this week and went for a bike ride on the other day- amazing how many people out on Hove Prom and almost always someone to say hello to (at a distance). If anyone wants to meet up for a quick outing as a break from working from home perhaps post something here?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My “don’t run on that” advice from the physio has gone out the window with 3 x 5 mile runs in 3 days. Today is a rest day. Well it was and it’s 2pm and I’m looking longingly at my running kit. I can’t do “slower” runs, they all are, i don’t bike and exercise at home lasts 5 minutes - you can’t stretch at home, just sit ups and press ups.
If I don’t do something I’ll put on weight and feel miserable.

Now, where’s my trainers?!

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Yesterday morning I went out for an hour and ended up running an unintentional progression run.
This morning was a very peaceful steady 11 miles and then my middle boy (7 yrs old) wanted to get out and go for a little 1 mile run.
We live pretty close to a Costco and I run past it on one of my regular loops. It's quite sad to see both yesterday and today the HUGE line of people at 9am queuing with their trollies to get in. I don't think it opens at the weekends until 10am.... :down:

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow morning. Probably just go for a run... :lolol: I'm finding it very therapeutic at the moment.

Stay safe guys. :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a session with my massage guy yesterday on my ITB/TFL that’s been mildly niggly for a few weeks. Absolute agony and whilst it feels less tight, it felt battered this morning and very tender. Still, managed to got out for 6 miles or so and once I’d got warmed up it seems to have improved a bit......followed the run with a decent 6.5m stroll on the Downs with some friends- brisk, chilly wind but very clear day so absolutely gorgeous up there. Very busy though, guess people have nothing else to do. What did we do on a Saturday before all this happened?

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Completed my own Unofficial parkrun run around Shoreham Airport with some extended family.
Lots of people out enjoying the sun.
Thought Strava would give me the course record but annoyingly it found some other runners runs from prior years and put me in all time 3rd.[emoji35]

It's was nice to do a parkrun that I could jog to from my home, and also do something "normal".

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not much running for 3 weeks for me and no swimming for a couple of weeks. As a result put on 7lbs and have a meatier look than the skinny runt look when running.
Big milestone tomorrow. First time in 46 years of drinking that I’d have gone 75 days without drinking. The 100 is the next step.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Not much running for 3 weeks for me and no swimming for a couple of weeks. As a result put on 7lbs and have a meatier look than the skinny runt look when running.
Big milestone tomorrow. First time in 46 years of drinking that I’d have gone 75 days without drinking. The 100 is the next step.

I didn't think you ever put on weight? Have you been pigging out?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I didn't think you ever put on weight? Have you been pigging out?

Eating all day as usual. 4 months regular swimming got rid off the belly fat and shag handles. Putting me at 11 stone. I'm usually between that and todays 11 stone 7lbs. Never been above. I have to ensure I'm at this max weight before a marathon.

I have freak metabolism and I could lose weight sitting on my arse all day watching the box.

Luckily I feel I can get back to exercise soon. Seafront so busy today I fear it may be shut off to the public. So allotment circuits' planking and dumbbells here I come...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Eating all day as usual. 4 months regular swimming got rid off the belly fat and shag handles. Putting me at 11 stone. I'm usually between that and todays 11 stone 7lbs. Never been above. I have to ensure I'm at this max weight before a marathon.

I have freak metabolism and I could lose weight sitting on my arse all day watching the box.

Luckily I feel I can get back to exercise soon. Seafront so busy today I fear it may be shut off to the public. So allotment circuits' planking and dumbbells here I come...

I wouldn't have put you as heavy as 11 stone. you must be taller than I thought. I'm about 10st 2lbs but I'm a short arse. At my (running) peak I was probably a stone lighter. But I have been 11 stone and felt bloody terrible.
Love the idea of an allotment circuit. Where did you dig that up? (sorry - stir crazy)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I wouldn't have put you as heavy as 11 stone. you must be taller than I thought. I'm about 10st 2lbs but I'm a short arse. At my (running) peak I was probably a stone lighter. But I have been 11 stone and felt bloody terrible.
Love the idea of an allotment circuit. Where did you dig that up? (sorry - stir crazy)

Bloody lightweight. That’s cheating.

Further news. I’m trying to picture [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] in my head. I’m not 100% certain he is a Kenny Rogers lookalike...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just took 1 minute 23 seconds off my 10km PB (45:57 -> 44:34).

Just out for a general run, couldn't see my watch as I had my thumbs in the thumb-holes of my long-sleeved top. Checked it at around three miles and thought "oh hello!" so just kept on going at around the same pace.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

There’s my problem with a fast 5k in a nutshell. Could knock a couple of minutes off if I could actually reach a racing weight rather then hovering around 12st (still quicker than when I was 18st though I guess)

Bloody lightweight. That’s cheating.

Further news. I’m trying to picture [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] in my head. I’m not 100% certain he is a Kenny Rogers lookalike...

Oooh, now you mention it.......[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports