Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:lolol:

I usually use Vaseline, but that also leaves marks on your running tops - thought they don't show when you're drenched in sweat!

Zinc tape....especially if it's raining....

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Yeah I recently switched from using Vaseline to using tape, because I've ruined a couple of tops with greasy marks which don't come off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone heard rumours that there might be a couple of course adjustments at Beachy Head due to flooding in the Cuckmere Valley? The website is unchanged and I've not had an email. Slightly worried now that my hybrid shoes aren't going to be grippy enough but too late to do anything about it.

Good luck [MENTION=1115]Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms[/MENTION] - I will be running in the blue home Albion shorts from a couple of seasons ago with another Brighton fan [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] and my target, given the conditions, is now fully fixed at "get round in one piece" :lol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone heard rumours that there might be a couple of course adjustments at Beachy Head due to flooding in the Cuckmere Valley? The website is unchanged and I've not had an email. Slightly worried now that my hybrid shoes aren't going to be grippy enough but too late to do anything about it.

Good luck [MENTION=1115]Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms[/MENTION] - I will be running in the blue home Albion shorts from a couple of seasons ago with another Brighton fan [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] and my target, given the conditions, is now fully fixed at "get round in one piece" :lol:

No a rumour, it's fact, according to a BH Marathon Faceache post: "COURSE UPDATE. Very minor diversions after Peachy's Corner before the White Bridge entering into Alfriston and after High and Over on the way to Litlington. All will be signposted and Marshals on course to ensure competitors are directed the correct way."

Just follow the person in front, GB. Eat all the food, drink all the tea and take care coming down the hill right at the end!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So, earlier this afternoon, this actually made me happy! Note how Eastbourne JUST escapes :lol:

rain.JPG

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

I have had to reluctantly accept I can’t run tomorrow. I haven’t been able to shake off my 2 week cold. So coffee and sofa and rugby will be my Saturday morning instead. Good luck to all those running I hope to be there next year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I have had to reluctantly accept I can’t run tomorrow. I haven’t been able to shake off my 2 week cold. So coffee and sofa and rugby will be my Saturday morning instead. Good luck to all those running I hope to be there next year.

That's a shame, mate. Where's the "dislike" button when you need it?

Sofa and rugby is a good second prize though.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

That's a choker for you. An England win over the ABs might be a tiny bit of compensation. I'll be park running, hoping I don't hear the score, pedal home and watch 'as live'. It worked last week.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Wise move. You need to recover. I'll second that (as I have done all year to you). Rugby wins tomorrow and I'm pulling out of the 5th in the 2019 Arena Series East Brighton Parkrun. Thanks for info on course everyone, I've got etched in memory for when needed.

Arena Series is 5 from 6 so I can afford to miss this one. Last is Hove Park on 14 December and I will work towards this race. I hereby challenge the Harmonica and anyone else to a race off on that day. I need a few familiar pacers to try and chase down.

Enjoy Beachy Head tomorrow everyone!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Wise move. You need to recover. I'll second that (as I have done all year to you). Rugby wins tomorrow and I'm pulling out of the 5th in the 2019 Arena Series East Brighton Parkrun. Thanks for info on course everyone, I've got etched in memory for when needed.

Arena Series is 5 from 6 so I can afford to miss this one. Last is Hove Park on 14 December and I will work towards this race. I hereby challenge the Harmonica and anyone else to a race off on that day. I need a few familiar pacers to try and chase down.

I'll pencil this in but I might come mob-handed and tooled-up.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

Accepted

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good luck Beachy runners - as long as you eat more than your body weight in sausage rolls then I’m sure you’ll be fine.

250th parkrun for me - if anyone is left for Hove Park then see you there.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good luck Beachy runners - as long as you eat more than your body weight in sausage rolls then I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Good accumulation. I’m sure [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton’s Brother will be there to put it into perspective.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Congrats on your 250th!

Worthing had a brute of a westerly today. Managed a 22.06 with a 75.19% AG which was the 4th best in the field. Pleased with this performance in these conditions.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Huge congratulations [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] for 250. :bowdown: Many years of hard work to earn the shirt. :thumbsup: And also to the Beachy Head Heroes - how were the conditions?!

Next saturday is the showdown between [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and I at Peacehaven, and I'll be adding in Hove Park December 14th for an NSC Christmas parkrun! Christmas jumpers all round. :thumbsup:

Bit of a disaster (in context) for me at Preston Park this morning, 5:40 in the first mile was unsustainable and I felt like I was dying toward the end. I've had a horrible cold all week, I've really struggled to keep going and binned off work yesterday for the first time in a few years. On the plus side, it'll be out of my system before next saturday's big showdown and I can spend this week getting pumped and ready to do battle.Sub-18 is going to be needed for sure. I clocked 18:30 for the second time there, matching my record. Frustrating collapse in the final mile, and I got passed quite late on so I was off the podium, my first ever 4th place finish.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
21:33 at Hove Park. 250 Up - the next milestone seems a long way off!
Well done Simgull - a great achievement and no better parkrun to do it at [emoji106]

Where are the Beachy crew?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
What a brilliant day. Conditions weren't anywhere near as bad as they could have been - a bit slippery and muddy in places, and I did see one person lose it completely and another with blood streaming from his head after a fall. It was pretty windy on the tops, but the sun shone a lot too and the flooding at the cuckmere meanders look absolutely stunning in the light. The biblical deluge later in the afternoon showed how awful it could have been, and I felt for the walkers still out there.

As for me, I was doing sub ten minute miles up to the halfway point, which was somewhat better than I was expecting (having supporters waiting for me in Alfriston definitely helped), then the wind, the steps and my faithfully dodgy knee slowed me down a bit towards Exceat, but I managed to pick it up a bit again on the cliffs - an odd experience, having spent months holding myself back to avoid further injury, to suddenly find that I had to actively ignore what my legs and feet were telling me and plough on through!

I don't think I came across any of the NSC lot, but I was pipped on the final descent by someone wearing a pair of black Donatello's shorts.

Very satisfied with my finish time of 4.34, I guess being my first that also counts as a PB?!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What a brilliant day. Conditions weren't anywhere near as bad as they could have been - a bit slippery and muddy in places, and I did see one person lose it completely and another with blood streaming from his head after a fall. It was pretty windy on the tops, but the sun shone a lot too and the flooding at the cuckmere meanders look absolutely stunning in the light. The biblical deluge later in the afternoon showed how awful it could have been, and I felt for the walkers still out there.

As for me, I was doing sub ten minute miles up to the halfway point, which was somewhat better than I was expecting (having supporters waiting for me in Alfriston definitely helped), then the wind, the steps and my faithfully dodgy knee slowed me down a bit towards Exceat, but I managed to pick it up a bit again on the cliffs - an odd experience, having spent months holding myself back to avoid further injury, to suddenly find that I had to actively ignore what my legs and feet were telling me and plough on through!

I don't think I came across any of the NSC lot, but I was pipped on the final descent by someone wearing a pair of black Donatello's shorts.

Very satisfied with my finish time of 4.34, I guess being my first that also counts as a PB?!

Brilliant work. You’re hooked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here