Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Glad I swerved Hove Prom today. 20:08 from [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] would have left me for dead.Good running.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Some simple, yet challenging, mental maths tells me I need a new pair. Are Asics okay or have any dramatic problems I should be aware of before I buy another pair...?

My asic gel hyperspeed racers are brilliant and wearing well. The Asic Gel Kayano didn't last long at all. Brookes seem to last me the longest but others on here , such as, [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] have trouble with some of the Brookes. So it's horses for courses as we all run differently. I can tell if they are suitable or not almost as soon as I put a new pair on.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
My asic gel hyperspeed racers are brilliant and wearing well. The Asic Gel Kayano didn't last long at all. Brookes seem to last me the longest but others on here , such as, [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] have trouble with some of the Brookes. So it's horses for courses as we all run differently. I can tell if they are suitable or not almost as soon as I put a new pair on.

Funky colours those hyperspeed's too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
500 miles. If racers much less.
And the rest...

Current pair I've had for over a year - well over 1,000 miles. I don't fall for the marketing BS from the school manufacturers 😂

22.11 and top 50 at Hove Park today. Happy with that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And the rest...

Current pair I've had for over a year - well over 1,000 miles. I don't fall for the marketing BS from the school manufacturers 😂

22.11 and top 50 at Hove Park today. Happy with that.
This. My best is about 2500 from a pair of GTS. I don't monitor it any more, just chuck em when they feel worn out.

Pleased with the Prom trot this morning. Not done any speedwork in the last 8 week training block so quite encouraging for doing a bit post SDW. Top volunteering [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] 😁

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I believe [MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION] is coming down. You better trip him up............

My lethargy is due to being able to run a fast 5k 2 weeks after the marathon. This is a great feeling but then the time goes south without training/running in the week. The paradox is the training in the week makes you tired for the Parkrun and your time is still off course.
The answer for me is to follow a 6 week plan for the Phoenix and then go for bust on a 5k in July and another in August. Thing is this was a 10 week plan and has ended up as 6 week. Must ensure it doesn't become a 5 week plan or less.

Yep I'm down and looking forward to my first race on the South Coast for over 5 years!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck today Worthing 10k-ers. Just about to head out that way but might not get as far as the start line...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Worthing exodus and my non involvement has given me further motivation to get out and do a little 5 miler.
Will be awaiting the times. Enjoy the sunshine.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
After a week of feeling decrepit and useless, I have rediscovered my love for running. Thought yesterdzay was a bad Parkrun but Strava has thrown up these stats. To show I just need to do some hard work.

3rd best estimated 1k effort (3:57)
3rd best estimated 1/2 mile effort (3:06)
2nd fastest time on Hove Park Park Run Last km (4:08)

All those will be smashed now marathon training is in the past! Hot out there for Worthing Runners.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just outside 45 mins, little bit gutted as I was aiming for sub-45, but still a new PB by a good 40 seconds or so. But yes, bloomin' hard work in that heat.

Hope everyone else got on alright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here