Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
[MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] starring in one of the Argus photos. The current Argus caption for the gallery is Bright10K. Outstanding sports journalism there. (it's photo number 52 but the link seems to take you to the start of the slide show regardless)

http://www.theargus.co.uk/photos/2015/bright10/52/

I was just talking about the "10K" to a colleague. Jokers. I appear in photo 86 (bib 1491). Although by missing off part of my head keeps up the 'International Man of Mystery' angle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Talking of photos does anyone know if they will send round finish photos you can buy as the same company did for Worthing 10k? It's the only race I've ever done where my head is up at the end and I'm "sprinting" against someone else. In all the others I look like I've been shot.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Talking of photos does anyone know if they will send round finish photos you can buy as the same company did for Worthing 10k? It's the only race I've ever done where my head is up at the end and I'm "sprinting" against someone else. In all the others I look like I've been shot.

Did you not get an email from Epic Action yesterday with your official photos?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Day of work today so I got out for a quick 7 mile run, considering I've put on 5lbs after my Chicago trip despite a 5 mile run their on my last day I ran this quicker than any other run covering this distance before. Splits as follows:-
1 7:12.6 1.00 7:13
2 7:06.5 1.00 7:07
3 6:44.9 1.00 6:45
4 6:40.3 1.00 6:40
5 6:31.2 1.00 6:31
6 6:35.8 1.00 6:36
7 6:24.3 1.00 6:24
Time 47:15 Avr Pace 6:45

Next event Brooks 10k Sunday November 15th with hopefully a few Park Run's too.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
31 days without a run ended with a 4 miler just now. Swimming 1.25k every other day and a press up and planking regime has left me very much running unfit. Also 5lbs up but hopefully that is upper body muscle and not fat! As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has noticed it will be a slow and hard few weeks to get back into gear.

A plan is needed as the Brooks 10k beckons followed by the Mince Pie run. That means no full effort Parkrun until after the 10k. So 21 November full effort Parkrun anyone?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
First run out since Sunday, and first one that hasn't been a race since 8th October!

Went for it for a bit, then faded, and took it easy for the last (uphill) mile. Eight miles done in an hour - get in! Like [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], I've put a big on (fuelling up is my excuse) so was especially pleased, although the splits are a bit all over the place...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/935441431

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
31 days without a run ended with a 4 miler just now. Swimming 1.25k every other day and a press up and planking regime has left me very much running unfit. Also 5lbs up but hopefully that is upper body muscle and not fat! As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has noticed it will be a slow and hard few weeks to get back into gear.

A plan is needed as the Brooks 10k beckons followed by the Mince Pie run. That means no full effort Parkrun until after the 10k. So 21 November full effort Parkrun anyone?

I won't be there that weekend- away for a wedding - but don't let that stop you!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I won't be there that weekend- away for a wedding - but don't let that stop you!

You could help me for the Brighton 10k in 3 weeks. Remind me of your Phoenix 10k time when you left me for dead and your last 10k, which was better.
I will then burst every vein in my bald head in the effort to try and beat at least the Phoenix time.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
You could help me for the Brighton 10k in 3 weeks. Remind me of your Phoenix 10k time when you left me for dead and your last 10k, which was better.
I will then burst every vein in my bald head in the effort to try and beat at least the Phoenix time.

Phoenix was 43:25. I don't think I've done another 10k since.

Hove Park Saturday?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The curse of the Brooks Adrenaline 15 sole / grip has struck again. See below for a picture of mine. This is after two months and about 300 kilometres - I would expect to be getting at least 300 miles out of a shoe. They haven't 'gone' in any other way, just the outside grip on the right foot exactly the same as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ;s.

With that in mind popped in to SweatShop today to do their proper gait analysis thing. Felt a bit disloyal to Run but I wanted to test their insoles and a wider range of shoes than I could just running round the block. I have settled for a pair of much lighter Mizuno with insoles. I am not pronating at all (which I thought I would be) but have slightly high arches. We'll see how long these last and if I get any foot pain back.

IMG_1758.JPG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The curse of the Brooks Adrenaline 15 sole / grip has struck again. See below for a picture of mine. This is after two months and about 300 kilometres - I would expect to be getting at least 300 miles out of a shoe. They haven't 'gone' in any other way, just the outside grip on the right foot exactly the same as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ;s.

With that in mind popped in to SweatShop today to do their proper gait analysis thing. Felt a bit disloyal to Run but I wanted to test their insoles and a wider range of shoes than I could just running round the block. I have settled for a pair of much lighter Mizuno with insoles. I am not pronating at all (which I thought I would be) but have slightly high arches. We'll see how long these last and if I get any foot pain back.

View attachment 69408

Given what happened to me (free pair of shoes through the post) when I sent a very polite "is this expected?" email, I'd drop them a quick email if I were you - I can give you the details.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Given what happened to me (free pair of shoes through the post) when I sent a very polite "is this expected?" email, I'd drop them a quick email if I were you - I can give you the details.

Definitely do this.....I get 1,000+ miles out of GTS 14s and the same out of Racer STs (and I'm a lump). Giving up after 300k isn't normal.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Phoenix was 43:25. I don't think I've done another 10k since.

Hove Park Saturday?

Looking forward to a run tomorrow after kicking some footballs into a garden on the way up. Will have to drop the pace though.

For that 10k time you can easily beat that. I was 45 seconds behind that evening feeling a bit like Bobby Zamora must do if playing more than 20 minutes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Yes please! PM them over when you get time. Cheers for that.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If anyone knows of a spare entry for the Great South Run Sunday I would be interested in buying it now that the wife isn't flying to New York.

If not I'll be hitting the under cliff to Saltdean and back, to up my longest run since the Brighton marathon from 10 to 12 miles, weather looks good first thing plus it will get light around 6am with the clocks going back.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hard flat out Parkrun. Did it quicker than England's batting collapse. 22:22. Lost 2 minutes off last month's time by having 31 days rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here