Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My littlest has had a temperature most of this week so I haven't been able to get out prior to today. I decided to try out a new route and ended up doing 8.5 miles in just over an hour.

It was quite nice to have a leisurely run and see some new places.

8.5 miles an hour isn't leisurely :clap2::clap2:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I may well struggle to make the 13th June Park Run challenge due to family commitments, I'll do my best to make it if I can, if not I'm sure I'll see a lot of you at prior runs at Hove Park or Hove Seafront when it starts.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A few can't make the 13th now. Maybe [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] can arrange a date for the seafront (keep Dazzer of the hills) end of June early July? Dependent on recovery from 100m Ultra, of course.
It would be the NSC Challenge equivalent of Merryweather v Pacquiao.......and we can all get PBs from the slipstream!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Tough in the park for me today. Near to full effort and 36 seconds down on last week without my pacer. To make it worse Simgull is improving week by week and only 9 seconds behind with improvement still to come. Trust this is down to a hard training week and that I have not peaked too early. The NE wind certainly made some difference to last week.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I ran 13.1 miles today in 1:55:49. It included Pankhurst Avenue, Coldean Lane, Mill Road, Lower Rock Gardens and Egremont Place.

It was deliberately hilly and pretty ponderous at times, it is far warmer than I thought and I got very dehydrated.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A few can't make the 13th now. Maybe [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] can arrange a date for the seafront (keep Dazzer of the hills) end of June early July? Dependent on recovery from 100m Ultra, of course.
It would be the NSC Challenge equivalent of Merryweather v Pacquiao.......and we can all get PBs from the slipstream!

I can do pretty much any other Saturday including the weekend before (6th) & after (20th). Hopefully Dazzer can push me onto sub 19:30 which is my new aim. I still think there is a sub 20 in you Knocky maybe the flat seafront one is the course to do it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd wondered if my 9.46 pace recovery run had been slightly tongue in cheek as my easy paced runs were more lie 10.20 pre the BM10k. However, this morning proved the value of Fartlek and intervals to me as I took three minutes off my eight mile course, doing exactly 8 miles in 1.16.30 or 9.34 min/mile average. Dipping down to 10k next weekend in preparation for Worthing.

One thing though. I must remember that people with beards and tattoos are now much younger than me, not much older as they once were. #DontRaceTheBeardies

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Did my first decent longish run since the marathon this morning. 16 km on the Downs from Ditchling Beacon to Lewes Racecourse and back. 1:33, beautiful morning for it, bit of a rave going on in Ditchling Beacon car park when I arrived but they were all getting stuck into 99s from the ice cream van by the time I got back.

Enjoyed Park Run on Saturday, best time since before Christmas, slowly getting faster and hope for a respectable showing on 13th, a PB still feels a long way away though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did my first decent longish run since the marathon this morning. 16 km on the Downs from Ditchling Beacon to Lewes Racecourse and back. 1:33, beautiful morning for it, bit of a rave going on in Ditchling Beacon car park when I arrived but they were all getting stuck into 99s from the ice cream van by the time I got back.

Enjoyed Park Run on Saturday, best time since before Christmas, slowly getting faster and hope for a respectable showing on 13th, a PB still feels a long way away though.

Might have run past you at some point, covered the Beacon to Lewes Gallops and back this morning as well as part of my plod. Struggled a bit, did 15 miles today after marathon yesterday so was very slow. Was the rave still going on at the Beacon when you went past ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd wondered if my 9.46 pace recovery run had been slightly tongue in cheek as my easy paced runs were more lie 10.20 pre the BM10k. However, this morning proved the value of Fartlek and intervals to me as I took three minutes off my eight mile course, doing exactly 8 miles in 1.16.30 or 9.34 min/mile average. Dipping down to 10k next weekend in preparation for Worthing.

One thing though. I must remember that people with beards and tattoos are now much younger than me, not much older as they once were. #DontRaceTheBeardies

Cracking improvement...well done matey. Beware the beardies, most of them are ultrarunners.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Did the Horsham 10k today, first time I have done a proper timed 10k. Finished in 58.53 so was happy with that. A really well run and organised event! Course mixture of grass, bridleways and tarmac. Loved it! Was unsure on pacing as used to half/full marathons but will learn from this one as can definitely push harder!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ran a PB whilst training tonight for 10 miles by 15 sec. 1hr. 5min .3 sec. Thanks tho Shane & Martin for running with me .

Impressive 6:30 minute miles. I think ten miles is my favourite racing distance, you can maintain a good pace but it's long enough to make you feel you've had a proper run.

The first every Brighton 10 mile is this October a flat course running from Hove to Roedean and back should be a good one.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Did the Horsham 10k today, first time I have done a proper timed 10k. Finished in 58.53 so was happy with that. A really well run and organised event! Course mixture of grass, bridleways and tarmac. Loved it! Was unsure on pacing as used to half/full marathons but will learn from this one as can definitely push harder!

Good work. Worthing 10k in 3 weeks and there are three Brighton & Hove based 10k's between July & Nov this year. If you haven't already the 5k Park Run's would be excellent speed prep for your 10k races.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Good work. Worthing 10k in 3 weeks and there are three Brighton & Hove based 10k's between July & Nov this year. If you haven't already the 5k Park Run's would be excellent speed prep for your 10k races.

Just reading through some of the flyers handed out today - think I will enter the Phoenix 10k - 7.30pm 15th July (Hove Lawns to Carats Cafe and back). I cant do the Worthing 10k. Next run for me is the Lindfield Cross Country 10k on Bank Holiday Monday.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just reading through some of the flyers handed out today - think I will enter the Phoenix 10k - 7.30pm 15th July (Hove Lawns to Carats Cafe and back). I cant do the Worthing 10k. Next run for me is the Lindfield Cross Country 10k on Bank Holiday Monday.

I live opposite the seafront just past King Alfred so perfect for me. I registered about a month ago so probably see you there. There is also one on Sunday September 20th which looks like the same route.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I live opposite the seafront just past King Alfred so perfect for me. I registered about a month ago so probably see you there. There is also one on Sunday September 20th which looks like the same route.

I did the September one last year, it went the other way from the lagoon East and back (might have been two circuits). I fancy that July evening one- that's a regular run route for me. Are they closing the road then - it's can be pretty nasty in the week with the lorries thundering past?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I did the September one last year, it went the other way from the lagoon East and back (might have been two circuits). I fancy that July evening one- that's a regular run route for me. Are they closing the road then - it's can be pretty nasty in the week with the lorries thundering past?

Flyer says "Basin Road South will be closed for this event"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Passed up on parkrun in lieu of long run today. Adur riverbank, Truleigh Hill, South Downs Way to Devil's Dyke, down through Waterhall, back up Mill Road, through Hangleton to OSR, and back to Shoreham by Sea.

Just under 18 miles of heavenly hills. Cracking weather, too! Absolutely loved it but knackered now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here