Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread 2013 *****

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Andrew Shaw scored at 12:08 of 3OT to give Chicago the victory 4-3 in Game 1. This is why I love the SCF. Close to 2 complete games last night. Fantastic stuff. We'll see how well they rebound. Fortunately for both the league had the foresight to include an extra day of rest between Games 1 & 2.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yup amazing, I woke up around 6 a.m to check the score and the game is still going on!!!! flippin eck that's 112 minutes of hockey!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Andrew Shaw scored at 12:08 of 3OT to give Chicago the victory 4-3 in Game 1. This is why I love the SCF. Close to 2 complete games last night. Fantastic stuff. We'll see how well they rebound. Fortunately for both the league had the foresight to include an extra day of rest between Games 1 & 2.

Just watching the game one roundup on TSN, I can't believe Chicago were short handed twice in OT after being twice caught with too many players on the ice, yet the Bruins didn't make them pay. Still, I'm fully expecting Boston to come back well in game 2 and still think they'll win the SC.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
It will be a major coup if Boston can leave Chi-town with the split. The Hawks have been good at home and the United Center is a tough place to win games as the visitor. As per usual, the defining game will be the first one in Boston.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
I don't envy Rangers fans. Vigneault inherited a very good team and did nothing with them. In fact he actively encouraged his players to dive, cheat, bite, whinge, etc, all in the name of winning, which they fortunately weren't able to do.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Boston won 2-1 on Saturday squaring the series at 1-1, again the game went to overtime. Game 3 is tonight in Boston.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
And it's another victory for Boston, this time with two second period goals and a solid defensive peformance to lead the series 2-1. Next game Wednesday in Boston and I feel Chicago have to win it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That Chara chap who plays for Boston is a BEAST.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
and I feel Chicago have to win it.

Well Chicago does win game 4, tying the series at 2-2. For the third time in four games overtime was once again needed to decide the outcome. Game 5 is on Saturday in Chicago and I really couldn't call it.

I think the Hawks just played their get out of jail free card!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What a match ! Chicago win 3-1 with their final goal in the dying seconds, to go 3-2 ahead in the series. I saw this at ‘Professor Thoms’ which is the unofficial HQ for Bruins fans in New York – a great atmosphere even though Boston lost. Cannot wait for game 6.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
What a match ! Chicago win 3-1 with their final goal in the dying seconds, to go 3-2 ahead in the series. I saw this at ‘Professor Thoms’ which is the unofficial HQ for Bruins fans in New York – a great atmosphere even though Boston lost. Cannot wait for game 6.

Game 6 is in Boston on Monday and this time Boston must win to keep the series alive.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks – worthy winners of the 2013 Stanley Cup. The second time in 4 seasons. Bickell tied the game with 1:16 on the clock in the third period and Dave Bolland scored the winner with 58 seconds to play – this is the latest in regulation time that the Cup-winning goal has been scored. This is why NHL is my favorite American sport.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
What a finale. What an excellent showcase for the SCF. Hardly anything to choose between these two teams. In the end Boston looked out of ideas. They stuck to their preferred breakout play of up the wall, which became overly predictable and proved relatively easy for Chicago's forwards to shut down. Boston played to Chicago's strengths in games 5 & 6 and not to their own.

All in all an entertaining and hard-fought contest. Highly enjoyable.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks – worthy winners of the 2013 Stanley Cup. The second time in 4 seasons. Bickell tied the game with 1:16 on the clock in the third period and Dave Bolland scored the winner with 58 seconds to play – this is the latest in regulation time that the Cup-winning goal has been scored. This is why NHL is my favorite Canadian sport.

Sorry Lyndhurst, I had to fix one small error in your post. :)

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Well you could argue that it was British soldiers who played local Canadians on ice back in 1875, so it's a British sport?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Today’s papers saying Patrice Bergeron of the Bruins played with a broken rib, a torn cartilage and a separated shoulder – that’s dedication for you. Contrast that with the pampered little darlings in the Premiership who feel the need to put on gloves every time it gets a tad chilly. At least some sportsmen earn their keep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here