Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2024/25 šŸˆ

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Think the time has come to start a new thread on the upcoming season.

How are we feeling after the draft?

The London Games fixtures also got released yesterday, anyone planning on going?

49ers and Chiefs go into the season as heavy favourites (11/2). I'm feeling cautiously optimistic as a Bucs fan with us retaining Mayfield, Evans and franchise tagging Winfield Jr - Playoffs would still be a good feat, especially with the NFC South looking stronger this year with the Falcons.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Cannot wait. We have the Bucs week one, could be a good match up. The vibe in Washington is finally upbeat, the new coaching staff, good draft and roster churn at least for now has us feeling more optimistic than usual. Who knows we may actually have some home fans this season!

Will be interesting to see how Mayfield pushes on for the Bucs, I think Tampa is a sneakily decent team.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Meh draft. We (Cleveland) sat out the first round, and took a Defensive Tackle (Mike Hall) in the 2nd round as our first pick. Our next pick in the 3rd round was a Right Guard, Zak Zinter, - who I believe is currently injured (broken leg). Jeez. I don't pretend to completely understand why players get picked (especially when it's Cleveland doing the picking), but signing a player who is already crocked does seem a bit of a gamble.

Heigh ho. Another season of disappointment and disillusion awaits I fear.

EDIT: Just googled him and he apparently was ft enough to take part in the rookie mini-camp. And yes, although I think it'll be a poor season for Cleveland (as usual) I can't wait for the season to start.

yes! Bears fan here, for some unfathomable reason - been following them since the eighties, which has been primarily shit to be honest with you. I quietly suspect that may be about to change, but i said that when we drafted Mitchell Trubisky, Justin Fields, etc etc . . . quarterback graveyard!
Definitely trying for tickets for the Bears/Jags game at Spurs in october

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
yes! Bears fan here, for some unfathomable reason - been following them since the eighties, which has been primarily shit to be honest with you. I quietly suspect that may be about to change, but i said that when we drafted Mitchell Trubisky, Justin Fields, etc etc . . . quarterback graveyard!
Ah, there is another one on here! Bears fan for a similar amount of time.

I honestly thought Fields would work out, but some of the stories coming out recently about his relationship with Nick Foles and his attitude as a rookie are giving clues as to why we thought he wouldn't. Williams has to hit the ground running now and we need to learn to hold on better in the 4th Quarter. Similarly going to try for tickets to Spurs but I'm not going to pin any hopes on getting them.

There are a few NFC North fans on here. Most have picked the wrong team though :wink:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Think the time has come to start a new thread on the upcoming season.

How are we feeling after the draft?

The London Games fixtures also got released yesterday, anyone planning on going?

49ers and Chiefs go into the season as heavy favourites (11/2). I'm feeling cautiously optimistic as a Bucs fan with us retaining Mayfield, Evans and franchise tagging Winfield Jr - Playoffs would still be a good feat, especially with the NFC South looking stronger this year with the Falcons.
Looking forward to trying to get a ticket for the Vikings. Gives me a good excuse to come back home.

Curious to also see how we fare without Cousins, our season collapsed last year when he got injured.

Ah, there is another one on here! Bears fan for a similar amount of time.

I honestly thought Fields would work out, but some of the stories coming out recently about his relationship with Nick Foles and his attitude as a rookie are giving clues as to why we thought he wouldn't. Williams has to hit the ground running now and we need to learn to hold on better in the 4th Quarter. Similarly going to try for tickets to Spurs but I'm not going to pin any hopes on getting them.

There are a few NFC North fans on here. Most have picked the wrong team though :wink:
Im looking at a positive win season, 9-7 or 10-6 pragmatically, and some significant signs of sexiness from the new quarterback/wide receiver cordons - if we can tie that down and avoid the ridiculous late defeats that appeared last season, we really could make a bit of progress

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There are a few NFC North fans on here. Most have picked the wrong team though

I don't talk about it much here because this is a "football" message board. I'm an actual Bears fan in the middle of the American upper Midwest. Going to see my sister from Minnesota in July who's office is next to the Vikings training facility in Edina and my brother is a huge Packers fan who makes a pilgrimage each year to Green Bay to see Lambeau Field and buy some Packers gear. I just recently visited Detroit for a baseball game and made a visit on the Ford Field tour.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The 80s were responsible for luring a lot of us into decades of disappointed fandom in the NFL! A smattering of success and then bugger all for the next three decades :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Im looking at a positive win season, 9-7 or 10-6 pragmatically, and some significant signs of sexiness from the new quarterback/wide receiver cordons - if we can tie that down and avoid the ridiculous late defeats that appeared last season, we really could make a bit of progress
I'll take that and beating the Packers for once so that @Stat Brother spends a week back in his box :kiss:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Was talking to my Detroit mate yesterday about Goffs new deal - and we got to comparing him & Watson in Cleveland. I reckon its a huge year for DW. Get injured again, or play badly, and Browns fans will become even more vocal about that huge guaranteed contract than they have been already. 3rd? year into the deal and its still looking like the worst contract in history. Wonder how long it'll be before we see Winston under center... šŸ˜

Last edited:

rmc_15

Aug 9, 2011
Looking forward to seeing how Tua connects with those three wide out, assuming OBJ can stay healthy. Run game is good too.

D needs some strengthing. Its time for Tua to shine.

The 80s were responsible for luring a lot of us into decades of disappointed fandom in the NFL! A smattering of success and then bugger all for the next three decades :)
God yeah - da Bears, the Dolphins, Washington for starters - at least those who picked the Giants, the 49ers or the Cowboys back then have seen a superbowl or two (assuming they've stayed loyal and not swanned off to the Pats etc these days)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Meh draft. We (Cleveland) sat out the first round, and took a Defensive Tackle (Mike Hall) in the 2nd round as our first pick. Our next pick in the 3rd round was a Right Guard, Zak Zinter, - who I believe is currently injured (broken leg). Jeez. I don't pretend to completely understand why players get picked (especially when it's Cleveland doing the picking), but signing a player who is already crocked does seem a bit of a gamble.

Heigh ho. Another season of disappointment and disillusion awaits I fear.

EDIT: Just googled him and he apparently was ft enough to take part in the rookie mini-camp. And yes, although I think it'll be a poor season for Cleveland (as usual) I can't wait for the season to start.
The joys of being a Browns fan ā€¦..

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos fan - looking forward to another, frustrating, rebuilding, 8-9 at best season.

Just hope we finally get around to beating the Silver & Black Clowns for the first time since 2019.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
God yeah - da Bears, the Dolphins, Washington for starters - at least those who picked the Giants, the 49ers or the Cowboys back then have seen a superbowl or two (assuming they've stayed loyal and not swanned off to the Pats etc these days)
Amen to that. #RaiseHail

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
London games boring teams for me (with apologies to @Ali_rrr and @DarrenFreemansPerm). I donā€™t dislike the Vikes or Panthers, but their opponents arenā€™t particularly inspiring (even with the Bears improved offense)

Draft wise Giants did okay, but only had 6 picks.

Another long yearā€¦ā€¦ watching Saquon rush for 200 yards per game in a decent offense.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, though I supported the Giants from 3-12-1 at the beginning of the 80sā€¦. Itā€™s just gone full circle, though at least we had Phil Simms as QB and not Daniel Jones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here