Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm noting the gravitational anomaly too........that La Chouffe looks a bit sticky.

Actually I,ll come clean. It's a Karmaliet in the wrong glass. Btw do you have a Rocheforte chalice as I have a spare one now courtesy of Peanut.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Actually I,ll come clean. It's a Karmaliet in the wrong glass. Btw do you have a Rocheforte chalice as I have a spare one now courtesy of Peanut.

Excellent, the Rochforte glass is darn classy if a little thin. At present I have none so one would not go amiss.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Visited The White Swan in Pompey yesterday tried The Guildhall ,George Anson and Little Bricky all quality beer brewed onsite,food was good value too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just enjoyed a Wytchwood Hobgoblin followed by a Brewdog Electric India. More to follow......

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Sitting at home with a cold Camden Gentleman's Wit.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Meant to add it's the DC Craft Beer festival this week end, take a look at the brewery line-up. Spectacular, pretty much all the DC guys are on, plus some great additions from far afield.
Hopefully I can craft an angle to get down there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Enjoying a Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weazel imperial stout. Very smooth, very tasty, very strong.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been working my way stoicly through some Straffe Hendrik Tripels and Kasteel Tripels.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
My local brewpub Van Moll has just made a collaboration brew with and at Thornbridge, now available in selected craft beer bars in the UK and in NL - don't know if any will make it to Sussex, mind you.

Trekdrop - an 8%ish imperial stout containing 'dropjes' (Dutch salted liquorice sweets), and much better than that makes it sound. Nicely warming dark winter brew, and the liquorice is relatively subtle (subtle compared to somethng like Gouden Carolus Christmas, that is).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Okay folks. Shall my next beer be a pale ale or a porter/stout? The best of 5 votes........

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I had a wonderful 13% uk stout at Craft on Wednesday night. I think, it was a London Brewery. Best beer I've tasted in ages. I had 2/3's and now have no idea what it was called.

Buring Sky Monolith is on at the Star at the moment as well. I shall be attempting to visit both this evening.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My local brewpub Van Moll has just made a collaboration brew with and at Thornbridge, now available in selected craft beer bars in the UK and in NL - don't know if any will make it to Sussex, mind you.

Trekdrop - an 8%ish imperial stout containing 'dropjes' (Dutch salted liquorice sweets), and much better than that makes it sound. Nicely warming dark winter brew, and the liquorice is relatively subtle (subtle compared to somethng like Gouden Carolus Christmas, that is).

Sounds lovely, managed a sip of a friends Kasteel Cuvée du chateau the other day ( I was driving doh ! ) and that was divine, it's a 10 year old Donker lovely warm complexities. a gem ! I can't get it here, but you can there, fill yer boots !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I seem to recall someone mentioned craft beer in Barcelona on here. I cannot remember who and I'm struggling to locate the possible post. Did I imagine this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mmmmmm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 304

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I got a Brewdog Selection and a Beerbods selection for Christmas. The Brewdog 12 cames from Beerbods too.

Anyway, last night I had the Harbour IPA, from Cornwall - very hoppy, which is a very good thing, obviously. A bit too sweet for my liking, but I'd happily quaff a few.

Tonight it's Hardcore IPA, which doesn't taste like the 9.2% that Brewdog have claimed on the bottle. Very smooth, with a citrus taste - gorgeous. May have a Brixton Porter later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here