Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Match Topic - Brighton vs Chelsea - 3PM****

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Watched on cfc tv and I was generally impressed I know it's preseason blah blah blah but we held the Euro Champs and took the game to them whilst trying to play our game, still too many backward passes but generally very good.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What a great performance, even Harley looked decent with some nice crisp passing.

Vicente looked even a class above and midfielders Chelsea had on show. I started to feel sorry for them a little when he got on the ball :clap2:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
With any preseason friendly, the score is hugely irrelevant, but the most promising thing from today (which was actually reflected by the scoreline) was that our players looked solid as a team that were more than capable of competing with, and in parts outplaying, a team of Chelsea's class.

I've mentioned it a fair few times before, but I'm loving Barnes and Vicente's link up play and can't wait to see more of it this season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought pre-season friendlies are used for warm-ups anyway !!!! But yeah no one else made one and it would be better to have 1 topic with all the John Terry bashing/match reaction and stuff in it.

Ignore me. What do I know! You might just have the job for the start of the season :lol:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
love this comment on twitter
Chelsea In America‏@CFCInAmerica

Well I guess a positive is that we won't have to play Brighton in the league this season.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Watched on cfc tv and I was generally impressed I know it's preseason blah blah blah but we held the Euro Champs and took the game to them whilst trying to play our game, still too many backward passes but generally very good.

I think the lads are allowed extra backward passes today. But, I love to see the attacking football that lead to our first two goals.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dunk had a bit of a stinker and maybe Kuszczak hasn't found his feet.Bruno is genuine class and did Calde look better on the left than he did most of last season on his "proper" side?
None of the midfield did much wrong. Even Harley looked good and Buckley's pace will worry anyone.
And Barnes with Vicente looks fantastic! Maybe we won't be so upset when CMS depaarts after all ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Dunk had a bit of a stinker and maybe Kuszczak hasn't found his feet.Bruno is genuine class and did Calde look better on the left than he did most of last season on his "proper" side?
None of the midfield did much wrong. Even Harley looked good and Buckley's pace will worry anyone.
And Barnes with Vicente looks fantastic! Maybe we won't be so upset when CMS depaarts after all ???

Yup, spot on , just how I saw it.

Barnes looked the business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here