Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official Match Thread: World Darts Final

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"It was my dream,15 years ago to play Phil Taylor. And now I have beaten him in world final, in his final appearance"

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
England World Cup players with most appearances in Premier League history, an ICC World T20 Champion, now The World Darts Champion - Hastings - the home of Sussex sporting greats. :thumbsup:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Bye Phil, you have earnt your retirement, thank you for the memories and thank you for bringing darts to where it is

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wow

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
England World Cup players with most appearances in Premier League history, an ICC World T20 Champion, now The World Darts Champion - Hastings - the home of Sussex sporting greats. [emoji106]
Is Cross another William Parker alumnus?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Barry Hearn : This sport is going only one way......... horizontally up. Interesting Barry.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rob Cross was, arguably, better than MVG in that final. Great doubling, great cover shooting on the 19s, comfortable hitting doubles all over the board, good counting - he is the real deal.

I don't think Phil was really trying gamesmanship up there, just enjoying being on the stage one last time. His 102 average was respectable.

Taylor will be missed by the sport, like boxing losing Ali or golf losing Tiger Woods but perhaps more so. Indeed, Cross would not be walking away with a cheque for £400K were it not for Taylor taking the sport to another level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here