Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Official Match Thread*** Uruguay vs England

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Its like watching a good league 1 game.
Sturridge, Sterling and Welleck are still on the coach.
Baines is poor again.
Rooney is better but not by much.
Gerrard good and bad.
Very dissapointing as usual.
Lambert must come on.
I have a feeling we are going to come out firing but probably not enough.
Uruguay are not good but finding it easy to do a job on us, that is how poor and naive we are.
They never fail to let us all down.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't get this clamour to take Rooney off. He works his nuts off and looks our most likely goal scorer. The real issue is, as usual, our inability to retain the ball. Sturridge is the main culprit as he's far too casual with it.

The clamour probably comes from so many millions of people hanging their hats on Rooney because they believe him to still be as good as he was several years ago. 3 world cups and he still cannot buy a goal ffs. Our most effective player against Italy has been moved out of his position to accommodate Rooney, wtf?

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
the attack look they've never played together in their lives. Henderson has made a few good tackles but both him and Gerrard go missing when we have the ball. Awful performance so far

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never seen an England side give the goal away so much. You have 45 mins Roy. Some bold changes required.

They spent decades giving the ball away, possession wasn't our thing. Improved recently e.g. the Italy game, but tonight reverted back to type.

But as Poyet just said - Uruguay and England have been even tonight.

The first goal means so much between evenly matched teams and now we are chasing, and the players will get tense. You can see the 45 minutes racing by with Uruguay savvy on 'time management'.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Rooney plays badly out wide and the pundits say he should play centrally. Rooney plays badly centrally and the pundits say he is too central. Has it ever crossed their minds that he just isn't very good?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sterling looks all at sea. Replace him with AOC and start running at their defence. Uru don't look all that, so we might as well go down fighting rather than fizzle out in a whimper ???
Sterling was our best player against Italy. He has been moved to accommodate Rooney and is now is totally ineffectual.So, either get Rooney off or find a way that both can play.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't get this clamour to take Rooney off.

He's the fall guy isn't he, every football team needs one these days. It doesn't matter what he does, unless he single handedly destroys the other side people will say he's crap. Even if he gets a hat trick they'll probably say it was lucky. Penalties don't count obviously :facepalm:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The clamour probably comes from so many millions of people hanging their hats on Rooney because they believe him to still be as good as he was several years ago. 3 world cups and he still cannot buy a goal ffs. Our most effective player against Italy has been moved out of his position to accommodate Rooney, wtf?

Hang on, everyone was howling like a sick dog to put Rooney central. Roy obliges and now it was wrong to do so. I don't get it.

My opinion is that I would rather have Sturridge and Lambert up front and Barkley behind them. Let Rooney stew

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
They do it all the time. Ball retention has been a fault for years...

Johnson lost Cavani for the goal. He should have been all over him like a rash...

It's very concerning that he is our best right back- Good going forward but poor defensively.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hang on, everyone was howling like a sick dog to put Rooney central. Roy obliges and now it was wrong to do so. I don't get it.

My opinion is that I would rather have Sturridge and Lambert up front and Barkley behind them. Let Rooney stew

I can assure you I didn't want Rooney switching to the middle, leave him on the bench for crying out loud!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here