** Official match thread - Spain vs Tahiti - BBC Three - 19:30 **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
How long do we reckon it will be before Spain score? I think at least 5 minutes.

Going for a scoreless first dozen then hell will break loose.

Spain should be ashamed of themselves if they don't hit at least 10 tbh.. Nigeria could have easily of scored double figures but because they're a selfish bunch of dickheads they ended up with 6, plus a goal conceded.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tahiti are higher ranked than Andorra, and FAR higher than San Marino.

I don't think it'll reach double figures.
Tahiti has a population six times bigger than San Marino, so they ought to be higher. Still, I'll stick with 9-0.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Which makes it all the more ridiculous that despite having La Liga wrapped up yonks ago, Barca didn't think it was a good idea to play him a bit more (well just one more game was needed actually) to mean his buyout clause stayed at 90m Euros instead of the now peanuts 18m.

Exactly this.

I am a Barca fan but on this one they have not so much shot themselves in the foot as blown the leg off at the knee.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Tahiti has a population six times bigger than San Marino, so they ought to be higher. Still, I'll stick with 9-0.

But San Marino surely have more money don't they, and an oraganised footballing system?

Tahiti and islands alike sometimes can't even afford kits, and train in bare foot.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
This is difference between Spain and England...

They go school and play football, they finish school and play football in there local stadiums.. Football mad country!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Pepe Reina, Cesar Azpilicueta, Raul Albiol, Sergio Ramos, Natxo Monreal, Javi Martinez, Santi Cazorla, David Silva, Juan Mata, David Villa, Fernando Torres

Could be a long night for Tahiti, and one hell of a backache for their keeper.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If they rested everyone who started against Uruguay, they could put out this team tonight:

Valdes
Azpilicueta - Albiol - Martinez - Monreal
Garcia - Alonso
Silva - Cazorla - Mata
Torres​

...and still bring on David Villa and Jesus Navas

Not far off - Reina instead of Valdes and Villa instead of Alonso with Ramos as the only player from the previous game instead of Garcia coming in

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
wow, handing them jewellery and a banner, great gifts from Tahiti...this is what respect in football (sport) should be all about...come on TAHITI!!!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Correct score is a lottery. Even 10-0 is only 10/1. Vie gone for 'over 8.5 goals' @ 10/11.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I address you tonight, not as Barrel of Fun, but a citizen of humanity. Tahiti is faced by the gravest challenge known to man - The Bible calls it Armageddon.

The dreams of their little island rest on those 11 brave souls, traveling in to the heavens. And may we all, citizens of Planet Earth, offer our support and prayers. Good luck and godspeed to our island cousins.

Edit: one nil :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports