Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Official match thread - Spain vs Tahiti - BBC Three - 19:30 **

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If they rested everyone who started against Uruguay, they could put out this team tonight:

Valdes
Azpilicueta - Albiol - Martinez - Monreal
Garcia - Alonso
Silva - Cazorla - Mata
Torres​

...and still bring on David Villa and Jesus Navas

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If they rested everyone who started against Uruguay, they could put out this team tonight:

Valdes
Azpilicueta - Albiol - Martinez - Monreal
Garcia - Alonso
Silva - Cazorla - Mata
Torres​

...and still bring on David Villa and Jesus Navas

Insane.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Tahiti are higher ranked than Andorra, and FAR higher than San Marino.

I don't think it'll reach double figures.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
That too.

They've just WON the European Championships at U-21 level, with an entire squad of players from outside of that squad, and have an entire further competitive squad at the U-20 World Cup, featuring players like Delafou who if he was English would have been fast tracked into being a bit-part player at senior level, instead of getting valuable tournament experience.

Not forgetting the U19's winning their last two Euro's.

Deulofeu is a ridiculous talent, but Thiago will be a superstar. Still can't believe Barca's incompetence with his contract

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who pays £4.30 for a bottle of san miguel?

I don't think it's that bad, generally being a seaside resort and access issues drinks are slightly more expensive than much of the rest of the UK, and £2.15 is insanely cheap.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
No-one. I think it was a JOKE.

Apparently not...

I don't think it's that bad, generally being a seaside resort and access issues drinks are slightly more expensive than much of the rest of the UK, and £2.15 is insanely cheap.

If you're willing to pay 4.30 for 330ml of fizzy rats piss, you have more money than sense. Or tastebuds.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Nigeria put 6 past them, I'd expect Spain to comfortably surpass that.

The depth in the Spanish squad is, as has been pointed out, utterly ridiculous so they are well capable of hitting double figures using their 'reserves' should they be so inclined.

How bad the score ends up being depends solely on what mood Spain are in.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Superb player, from the second he broke into the Barca first team squad.

Which makes it all the more ridiculous that despite having La Liga wrapped up yonks ago, Barca didn't think it was a good idea to play him a bit more (well just one more game was needed actually) to mean his buyout clause stayed at 90m Euros instead of the now peanuts 18m.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

This

If they are more concerned with just doing the job then saving themselves for Nigeria and the semi finals, they'll win it in the first half then just go on cruise control for the rest of the game and win 5, 6 or 7-0. If they want to put on a show (and if you're a reserve player who can use this game to prove you're worth a first team place, why wouldn't you?) it could be brutal

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Nigeria put 6 past them, I'd expect Spain to comfortably surpass that.

The depth in the Spanish squad is, as has been pointed out, utterly ridiculous so they are well capable of hitting double figures using their 'reserves' should they be so inclined.

The 'reserves' would probably put more effort in than the first XI, so can see them getting more goals than the normal team would.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

As we all know, though, the FIFA rankings system is utterly flawed (witness England in FOURTH until very recently)

Tahiti's ranking is boosted by competitive wins against fellow South Sea minnows, whereas because of their geography, San Marino and Andorra never get the opportunity of such rankings boosts.

12-0

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Which makes it all the more ridiculous that despite having La Liga wrapped up yonks ago, Barca didn't think it was a good idea to play him a bit more (well just one more game was needed actually) to mean his buyout clause stayed at 90m Euros instead of the now peanuts 18m.

If United sign him as is rumoured, £18m could very quickly look like an absolute steal

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If United sign him as is rumoured, £18m could very quickly look like an absolute steal

If it's £18m, we should put that in for him! Would probably be worth it, even if we sold him for £40m in January!

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton

They're only that high because they won a continental championship, they're on par with SM at best in reality, FIFA rankings are a load of shite anyway. Czech Republic were top for little while, joke.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
How long do we reckon it will be before Spain score? I think at least 5 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here