Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Match Thread : Spain v Chile ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ouch! 2 games, 7 goals conceded, 1 scored. Going home.

Who'd have thunk it.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Adios.png

D

Deleted member 18477

Spain have now conceded 7... SEVEN... Without reply!

Adios Spain! :bigwave:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Having an ageing squad obviously played a major part, and Seedorf is blaming del Bosque's selections, but I think other sides have found a way round the Spanish style of football. Indeed, other Spanish sides have found a way to counter Barcelona - the fast, pressing game, which makes the possession game far less sustainable. It worked for Atletico Madrid against them and nearly for Villareal, and it's worked for the Netherlands and Chile. As Rio Ferdinand has just said, their game is too predictable.

All this, mitigating factors aside, makes me wonder why some on here are upset that we might see an end to the Spanish style under Hyypia. I'm not going to name names or go in for personal stuff, but there are a few posters I can think of in this category. I just think we need to be much more adaptable, particularly in a hard league like the Championship. Did Clement turn us down when he was first choice, I wonder, or did TB decide during the recruitment process that we needed something different?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here