Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Match Thread: Nigeria v Iran ***

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tbh I think overall Iran have been the better team, Nigeria have been the worst team in the cup so far IMO.

Also bizzare how now suddenly there's urgency from them, didn't care for 88 minutes.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Unbelievable how disrespectful the commentary were to the Iranian team, "the substitutes are waiting to run onto the pitch at the final whistle" - one of many examples. The guys back in the studio are no better.

Iran wanted the win. That was their aim.

I never before the match felt that Nigeria would win this. I thought Iran would win or get a draw, and in the end my £10 bet went on the draw at 5/2 - quids in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well don't say I didn't warn you all with the OP of this thread. Nigeria make a habit of doing this.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Unbelievable how disrespectful the commentary were to the Iranian team, "the substitutes are waiting to run onto the pitch at the final whistle" - one of many examples. The guys back in the studio are no better.

I never before the match felt that Nigeria would win this. I thought Iran would win or get a draw, and in the end my £10 bet went on the draw at 5/2 - quids in.
Agreed & well played I fancied it too, didn't have the balls though... Gutted!

I convinced the wife to watch this.

I fear I may have done long term damage to her football mojo, which wasn't great before this game.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

I felt Iran played better. It wasn't a fast paced, loadsa goals game but was still tense and enjoyable. It's like wanting to watching safety battle in snooker frame after lots of centuries.

The commentators are always belittling to the smaller team... Lets face it they act like this to Brighton every season.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Watching Nigeria remimded me a lot of watching England at previous World Cups. ('Old' England, not the distinctly better version that played Italy). Quite good players but playing a simplistic game consisting of long balls and aimless cosses. Easily contained by a limited but organised Algeria, sorry, Iran. (You get the point).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Watching Nigeria remimded me a lot of watching England at previous World Cups. ('Old' England, not the distinctly better version that played Italy). Quite good players but playing a simplistic game consisting of long balls and aimless cosses. Easily contained by a limited but organised Algeria, sorry, Iran. (You get the point).

Absolutely spot on! Exactly how I feel too.

Loving the fact that we now have an England team to feel positive about and enjoy watching at long long last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here