Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Match Thread, Huddersfield V's Brighton And Hove Albion **

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
it could be worse , you could wake up tomorrow morning as a Palace fan.:)

betsvigi9

Apr 22, 2009
Hi guys, I haven't come here to gloat. Your defence collapsed in the second half, but we were very, very good tonight and you were simply overwhelmed. I'm sure it was probably just an off night for you lot.

A couple of positives for you, Liam Dickinson's goal was absolute class, from only a half chance really. I've seen him score goals like that before, he can look really awkward, then suddenly he does something like that. Also, I was really impressed by how not one of your supporters left before the end. You couldn't have blamed them if they had, but not a single one did.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, apart from when we play you again in January - my sister lives in Eastbourne so I will be down for that one.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just got back to Chester from the game, not a good evening, saw a superb Albion Goal and a penalty save but it did little in offset 7 against. Ref had a shocker lets hope Slade can turn this around. Needed Gary Hart tonight.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Completely forgot this game was on, so I look on League one results and see Huddersfield won 7-1, looked the the right a bit more, and there was Brighton :(

Were we shite? Or were they amazing, or both?

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Completely forgot this game was on, so I look on League one results and see Huddersfield won 7-1, looked the the right a bit more, and there was Brighton :(

Were we shite? Or were they amazing, or both?
I have a mate who supports Huddersfield and he says we were actually playing slightly better to start. They scored first, we equalised with a wonderful strike. They scored again, then it all went wrong.
Michel Kuipers sent off for a professional foul. Deserved, apparently, but he refused to leave the pitch or something. They scored. Scored. Scored. Scored. Then scored once more.
Pissed off, obviously, but these things happen. Need to get behind Russel and the boys and look for a better result at the weekend. But, we did score our first goal of the season and last time we lost like that, it gave us a much needed kick up the backside.
Positivity. Yeah.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
I have a mate who supports Huddersfield and he says we were actually playing slightly better to start. They scored first, we equalised with a wonderful strike. They scored again, then it all went wrong.
Michel Kuipers sent off for a professional foul. Deserved, apparently, but he refused to leave the pitch or something. They scored. Scored. Scored. Scored. Then scored once more.
Pissed off, obviously, but these things happen. Need to get behind Russel and the boys and look for a better result at the weekend. But, we did score our first goal of the season and last time we lost like that, it gave us a much needed kick up the backside.
Positivity. Yeah.

Excellent post:ascarf:

That must be the first time we concede 7 since the 70s right?

What is our biggest defeat EVER anyway?

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Excellent post:ascarf:

That must be the first time we concede 7 since the 70s right?

What is our biggest defeat EVER anyway?
I don't know. I've been supporting Albion since I was 8 and that's the worst result I can remember. Speaking purely in terms of numbers, nothing can ever be worse than losing 5-0 to Palace.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought this might be a disaster. Glad I went down the pub at 1-3 and after Huddersfield missed the penalty.

Comparable disaster which never showed way back in the sixties when we beat Coventry (undefeated at home old Divison 2 Champions) and then lost 0-8 to bottom of the table Northampton Town.

Such absolutely DREADFUL results are not the end of the world, unless against Palace or Pompey. I am not going out for a week though! If the neighbour ever talks me again I gonna smash her face in!

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Comparable disaster which never showed way back in the sixties when we beat Coventry (undefeated at home old Divison 2 Champions) and then lost 0-8 to bottom of the table Northampton Town.

I remember that 8-0 (it was an evening game so I wasn't there), I remember that my 9-year-old brain couldn't really comprehend losing by that much.

I don't feel so downbeat about this result - partly because I wasn't there, partly because it's not by our local rivals (the 5-0 against Palace was much worse) and partly because I'm working from home and don't have to face people in the office.

I really had hoped we'd seen the last of El Abd in a Brighton shirt though...

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Being positive(or trying to), this is where we will see how much pride
the team have got. Will they bounce back stronger, determined to put it
right or will their confidence be shattered.

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
lol you had a better stronger squad sitting on the bench than your starting eleven. slade needs to fix up and realise that if he doesnt fancy these lads there going to bang in loan moves then you will end up at the bottom of the league again

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
9-0 v Middlesborough

The irony of our biggest away defeat is amusing, when you think of our biggest home defeat.

If you understand what I'm trying to say...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here