Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official Match Thread - Brighton vs Millwall - The Den - 3PM****

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Millwall1.jpg
If you're in the away end, of course you're only going to hear the Albion. Though I'm surprised our fans thought Millwall were better on the ball than us.

(I am, of course, making fun, I assume you meant you were in the home end).

Doh! having a senior moment there.

Here's a picture of our boys

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Great start but we have played our majority of our games so far against struggling teams in the league. Only Hull and Cardiff are in the top half

Yes, but when only seven games played, part of the reason that these teams are in bottom half is they lost to us. You can only beat what is in front of you. It would have been reassuring to have got more than a point against the better two teams though - certainly deserved at least one at Hull.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Wrong. Sheff wed were in sixth.

But they are 20th now, suggesting that they are not going to be a strong side in this division. Delighted with the start but we still have to prove it against the big boys.

Boro, Leicester, Blackpool and Leeds in the space of 2 weeks at the end of Oct/start of Nov will be the real test.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
Not long till I get back to Brighton, millwall support was soooo crap, how did we sound in the radio? Brighton played well but we really should of shot more instead of passing round the box, millwall were so much better when they went down to 10 men. Well done from the mighty albion

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But they are 20th now, suggesting that they are not going to be a strong side in this division.

Does it?
After 6 games last season, Reading were 23rd, finished 1st.
After 6 games last season, Birmingham were 22nd, finished 4th.
After 6 games last season, Derby were 5th, finished 12th.
After 6 games last season, we were 1st, finished 10th.

Does the table at this point really suggest much?

Last edited:

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Does it?
After 6 games last season, we were 1st, finished 6th.

We finished 6th? How did we do in the play offs?

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Does it?
After 6 games last season, we were 1st, finished 6th.

Good post and to be fair you are obviously quite correct, the table shouldnt mean too much at this stage. Just looking at the teams we have played its only Cardiff and Hull I can imagine challenging and the table seems to already back this up. Like I said though, delighted with our current form and we were brilliant against Wednesday I am just trying not to get carried away!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just keep picking up points away and strive to win our home games
by all accounts we were rubbish at Watford and still won
thats the trick
only I will have gnawed my fingers down by the end of the season

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
But they are 20th now, suggesting that they are not going to be a strong side in this division. Delighted with the start but we still have to prove it against the big boys.

Boro, Leicester, Blackpool and Leeds in the space of 2 weeks at the end of Oct/start of Nov will be the real test.

This. Granted the way we played against Weds was dreamy, they have just been promoted. Millwall aren't the strongest but getting the wheels turning and building up momentum aren't to be dismissed. I'm really looking forward to, like you say, the big boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here