losses 1
9pts
scored 5
conceded 2

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We were in the away end (don't ask) and all you could her was the Albion - great atmosphere.

Some comments from where I was sitting: "they're much better on the ball than we are", "you worry about their corners, but not ours" and "there's no comparison"

If you're in the away end, of course you're only going to hear the Albion. Though I'm surprised our fans thought Millwall were better on the ball than us.

(I am, of course, making fun, I assume you meant you were in the home end).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When did the wheels fall off, Palace at home if I remember rightly? What date was that?

We lost away to Leicester (the fourth away game). That was followed by Liverpool, Leeds and Palace in 8 days, which I think was a big gut check to the team, wiping our momentum.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Before we get carried away, after four away games last season:
won 3
drawn 0
losses 1
9pts
scored 5
conceded 2

Feels totally different to the start of last season though doesn't it? That was a combo of promotion and new stadium momentum, plus a lot of last minute smash and grabs. This season we're just better than teams. Unless Kuszczak, Bridge AND Bruno all suddenly become much worse players overnight, we won't dip in form the way we dip last season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
September 27 - though wheels were loosening in the home game against Leeds the previous Friday (23rd); first team to work us out

Ignoring the cliche and completely meaningless phrase "they worked us out", it wasn't, I believe as much about leeds countering our style of play, but that we started that game with two wingers, leaving us light in the middle. When noone went off at half time and we went back to a more solid middle with a roving winger, we got back into the game and only failed to win because a rush of blood to the head in the last minute.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Feels totally different to the start of last season though doesn't it? That was a combo of promotion and new stadium momentum, plus a lot of last minute smash and grabs. This season we're just better than teams. Unless Kuszczak, Bridge AND Bruno all suddenly become much worse players overnight, we won't dip in form the way we dip last season.

Indeed. And the loss this year was at the start of the run, whereas last season it was at the end, which gives last year a fall in results and this year a climb in results. Just taking the gus tact of not getting carried away with things, not trying to be particularly negative.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Great start but we have played our majority of our games so far against struggling teams in the league. Only Hull and Cardiff are in the top half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports