Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
90 minutes for Jensen Weir tonight in the Cambridge United midfield as they beat Tottenham Hotspur u21s 1-0 at The Abbey in the EFL Trophy.

League minutes seem to be alluding him at the moment as Cambridge make a decent start to life back in in League 1 following promotion and Bonner sticks with a fairly experienced starting XI (a great away win at Portsmouth last Saturday); but he makes the bench for pretty much every game so I'm sure his chance will come. Cambridge have Fleetwood Town at home this weekend so expect Weir to feature among the subs again - hopefully he will get on.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I know Molumby hasn’t really had a sniff yet and Clarke and van Hecke are injured but it is nice that the three Championship teams who each have two of our players are ALL in the top 6 now!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Caicedo subbed off at half time in Beerschots 3-0 home defeat today, they were down to 9 men after 39 minutes.
Longman got 20 minutes in their 2-0 defeat to Stoke who had Ostigard as an unused sub and Sima not even in the squad.
Khedra got came on for Blackburn in the 66th minute when they were 4-1 up, finished 5-1

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Caicedo subbed off at half time in Beerschots 3-0 home defeat today, they were down to 9 men after 39 minutes.
Longman got 20 minutes in their 2-0 defeat to Stoke who had Ostigard as an unused sub and Sima not even in the squad.
Khedra got came on for Blackburn in the 66th minute when they were 4-1 up, finished 5-1

Khedra???

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Highlights of the Hearts goals yesterday.

Cochrane involved in all three goals for Hearts. Even scoring one!

(thanks [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] for directing me to this thread)

On a broader note it really is tremendously exciting to see so many exciting young players either on loan, tearing it up in the U23s (PL2), or getting minutes in the first team.
Potter (I hope it's still Potter) is going to have quite a lot of a options for next season's squad.

[tweet]1441900323141005314[/tweet]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Highlights of the Hearts goals yesterday.

Cochrane involved in all three goals for Hearts. Even scoring one!

(thanks [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] for directing me to this thread)

On a broader note it really is tremendously exciting to see so many exciting young players either on loan, tearing it up in the U23s (PL2), or getting minutes in the first team.
Potter (I hope it's still Potter) is going to have quite a lot of a options for next season's squad.

[tweet]1441900323141005314[/tweet]

Agree……also given me a lot more games to watch with more than a passing interest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anybody think fans can make a difference in many ways, including the success of loans? One set of fans reacts, back when the loan was announced, with, 'Welcome to ******, hope you do well'.
Another set of fans reacts with, 'F*ckin' 'ell, we've signed a pouf with an ear-ring from Brighton. C**t (it's their favourite word; they usually just add it anyway). He's shit. Guess which loan is working outbetter?
on
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/193865-alex-cochrane/
https://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45878-st-mirren-3-2-aberdeen/page/12/#comments

Incidentally, flying in the face of one lot of fans' knowledge and expertise, the BBC described the performance of Teddy Jenks as 'excellent' (until the sending off of course, which was harsh, apparantly). Mind you, if young Teddy comes through this experience, it could be the making of him, if his character is strong enough.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Andone started for Cadiz (not sure how interesting that is as he will never play for Brighton again).

Zeqiri subbed in at half-time for Augsburg. They were already 3-0 down by then and it stayed that way.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Cambridge Utd are at home to Gillingham in the league on Tuesday evening. Jensen Weir will undoubtedly be on the bench (again....) but hopefully will get on for once; after all, I'm sure U's fans would like to see a few league minutes from an England u20 international on loan from the side top of the Premier League.... what?

If I can get some fuel on Monday / Tuesday without queuing for hours like a **** then I'll probably go along to watch. Have just seen on the CUFC website that there are still tickets left beside the home dugout so I can spend the game shouting, "Oi - Bonner! Get Weir, on FFS."

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jensen Weir got 14 league one minutes + stoppage time tonight when he came on for Cambridge Utd on 76 mins in a 0-2 home defeat vs Gillingham.

I had intended to go as it's only a 40-odd mile round trip for me, but low on fuel so gave it a miss, so unable to give an account of how JW acquitted himself.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Jensen Weir got 14 league one minutes + stoppage time tonight when he came on for Cambridge Utd on 76 mins in a 0-2 home defeat vs Gillingham.

I had intended to go as it's only a 40-odd mile round trip for me, but low on fuel so gave it a miss, so unable to give an account of how JW acquitted himself.

Pff. What do we even pay you for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here