Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Reda Khadra with a goal for Blackburn. Tidy finish apparently.

Another masterstroke from the club, sending one of our most exciting attacking talents out on loan... leaving us with Locadia et al.

It’s visionary stuff, it really is.

Khadra really is an excellent prospect, someone who might have made a difference for his parent club in recent weeks .... hey ho.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Anyone know if we’ve got a recall clause in the loan?

Knowing us it’s probably a 3 year deal, with zero recall options AND an option to buy for 1.5 million or so...

If by some miracle we do have an option and we fail to take it, and fail to bring in any other attacking signings ... well, he might well pass us on our way down.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Another masterstroke from the club, sending one of our most exciting attacking talents out on loan... leaving us with Locadia et al.

It’s visionary stuff, it really is.

Khadra really is an excellent prospect, someone who might have made a difference for his parent club in recent weeks .... hey ho.

He'll be learning and developing more by playing week in, week out for Blackburn than he would've done warming the bench for us. Perfoming well in the Championship doesn't necessarily mean he's ready to do it in the top flight.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He'll be learning and developing more by playing week in, week out for Blackburn than he would've done warming the bench for us. Perfoming well in the Championship doesn't necessarily mean he's ready to do it in the top flight.

Well thank God we’ve got the PL ready Jurgen, Aaron and Ferguson standing by to fill in when required. I strongly suspect we’d have seen Khadra way more often this season, had he stayed. Sure he might have struggled, but as we’re unlikely to know either way I’d like to imagine he’d had offered more than Locadia and Connolly combined. On this evidence, his form at Blackburn, I’d say the club got this one wrong. That and the undeniable evidence that we need something different as an attacking option.

Hopefully we can bring him back AND fast.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I can't understand how he is learning and progressing there, when surely the greatest manager ever born ( Mr. Potter ) isn't there guiding him.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Well thank God we’ve got the PL ready Jurgen, Aaron and Ferguson standing by to fill in when required. I strongly suspect we’d have seen Khadra way more often this season, had he stayed. Sure he might have struggled, but as we’re unlikely to know either way I’d like to imagine he’d had offered more than Locadia and Connolly combined. On this evidence, his form at Blackburn, I’d say the club got this one wrong. That and the undeniable evidence that we need something different as an attacking option.

Hopefully we can bring him back AND fast.

Did the club get the Ben White Leeds loan wrong too?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Did the club get the Ben White Leeds loan wrong too?

That’s about the only exception, tbh (by the time of the Leeds loan) he should have been here and playing. He was clearly good enough, naturally so. The loan served to reduce his time with us to one season, and flood this site with absolute ********s.

This is wholly different too, as we had a wealth of in form CBs during Whites time, the same can’t be said for our attacking ‘talent’ and arguing anything else is churlish in the extreme.

Khadra and Swiss Andy should still be here, or are saying that it’s great judgement to have put our faith in Danny Welbeck staying fit AND Connolly becoming a brilliant PL striker?!? Trossard too, we’re so reliant on him it’s embarrassing - Khadra off the bench regularly for Tross is an exciting progressive option... seriously, I will never understand wtf went on with our thinking pre-season, utterly and unforgivably bizarre.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
It depends wether you think a few minutes here and there in the Premier League is better for his development than a regular place in a top Championship side? Or do you think he’d be getting more than a few minutes? That’s quite a leap for me. I trust the club have got this one and much of these loan moves right.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Knowing us it’s probably a 3 year deal, with zero recall options AND an option to buy for 1.5 million or so... .

Knowing us? When have we ever had such clauses on the young prospects we loan out for experience? Ben White’s loan to Leeds was delayed because we held firm in our insistence of there being no loan-to-buy option (and we had him sign an extension before going as well).

People write bollocks sometimes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Knowing us it’s probably a 3 year deal, with zero recall options AND an option to buy for 1.5 million or so...

If by some miracle we do have an option and we fail to take it, and fail to bring in any other attacking signings ... well, he might well pass us on our way down.

he couldn't get in Blackburn's team at the start of the loan either unfit or injured unclear which but Mowbray was not so happy with him and questioned whether Khadra really wanted to be a professional footballer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Mitouma grabs one back for Union St Jizz.

This thread does make non-playing Saturday’s for more interesting for BHA fans, it has to be said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here