Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They were both on the bench in the League Cup last season, for the Portsmouth and Preston games. They also both started the first few PL2 games before Cochrane went on loan to USG.

I almost knew as soon as I posted that people would be queueing up to correct me! Oh well, I hope they had a nice chat in that case then.

Still, one way or another, it was a disappointing 'Brighton derby' for both of them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jensen Weir gets his first goal and the winner for Cambridge United this afternoon.

74AA1346-EE62-4B52-A005-ED8BAF85D261.jpeg

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was expecting a Jensen Weir update, but not that :thumbsup:

Really pleased for him. He’s spent the first 10 games or so mostly as an unused sub then got his chance to start the other week owing to injuries and now he’s popped up in the box to head home the winner in a hugely tight league. Really hope he kicks on. He looks like a fine prospect and is conducting himself very professionally and maturely for a 19 year old

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Östigård not in Stokes squad today, guess he is injured or suspended or whatever. Sima on the bench for 90 min.

JPvH played 90 minutes for Blackburn as they won. Khadra came on in the 75th.

Molumby 27 minutes for WBA.

No Jenks in the Aberdeen matchday squad against Hearts (2-1) this week either and I get the feeling he'll be back in January. Cochrane started for Hearts.

Caicedo played 85 minutes today as Beerschot took their first win (3-0) of the season.

Karbo on the Olympiakos bench for 90 minutes again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Östigård not in Stokes squad today, guess he is injured or suspended or whatever. Sima on the bench for 90 min.

No Jenks in the Aberdeen matchday squad against Hearts (2-1) this week either and I get the feeling he'll be back in January. Cochrane started for Hearts.

Caicedo played 85 minutes today as Beerschot took their first win (3-0) of the season.

Ostigard was in most Stoke fans preferred line-ups before the match, and I think they'd have known if he was suspended. Not even in the squad, so must have been a late injury I think.

Don't think many Stoke fans were pleased about Molumby being dropped. Clarke and Rushworth both carried on as regular first choices (and Rushworth kept a clean sheet). He is getting the sort of responses from Walsall fans that Sanchez got a Rochdale .......................

I hope you're right about Jenks - he needs to be somewhere else. They seem to have it in for the English even more than most Scots up in Aberdeen - they've got Matty Longstaff on loan from Newcastle on loan there as well - and he's a decent young player too - but not according to Aberdeen fans!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Beerschot won in the cup earlier in the week (a game in which Caicedo scored), so hopefully they can finally build some positive momentum now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ostigard was in most Stoke fans preferred line-ups before the match, and I think they'd have known if he was suspended. Not even in the squad, so must have been a late injury I think.

Don't think many Stoke fans were pleased about Molumby being dropped. Clarke and Rushworth both carried on as regular first choices (and Rushworth kept a clean sheet). He is getting the sort of responses from Walsall fans that Sanchez got a Rochdale .......................

I hope you're right about Jenks - he needs to be somewhere else. They seem to have it in for the English even more than most Scots up in Aberdeen - they've got Matty Longstaff on loan from Newcastle on loan there as well - and he's a decent young player too - but not according to Aberdeen fans!

Seems most Stoke fans believe Leo was simply left out of the squad. Not a great development. Then again they went from 3-0 up to 3-3 today so I imagine their defending wasnt all that good without him either..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems most Stoke fans believe Leo was simply left out of the squad. Not a great development. Then again they went from 3-0 up to 3-3 today so I imagine their defending wasnt all that good without him either..

Typical Stoke fans' pre-match selection (and there were many similar):

Bursik
Ostigard Souttar Wilmott
Smith Sawyers Varancic Allen Tymon
Brown Fletcher

Certainly no calls for Ostigard to be dropped. If O'Neill dropped him for choice, it is a pretty safe bet that most Stoke fans disagreed with him (as they disagree with him about most things these days!) Or this:

Three at the back was working well Ostigard Souttar Willmot 10 games 18 points then we took out Ostigard and put in Chester.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Seems like Van Hecke made quite the impact yesterday.

Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"I thought [Darragh] Lenihan was a warrior, I thought Jan Paul [van Hecke] did fantastically for just his third or fourth game for the club and is a young guy with athleticism, quality, confidence and belief in himself.”

Looks well on the way to landing a regular berth at the back for Blackburn.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cadiz down 1-0 against Mallorca, made all their subs... but Andone remains on the bench.

If they can I think they might send him back in January.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cadiz down 1-0 against Mallorca, made all their subs... but Andone remains on the bench.

If they can I think they might send him back in January.
Not exactly setting the world on fire over there, is he - three appearances in six matches to date, I believe - no goals.. Last time he came on, with 20 minutes to go, Cadiz were 3-1 up .... they drew 3-3!

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Khadra at Blackburn only played 110 minutes so far and Sima 73 minutes- I know he has been injured , but little point in these loans if the players are not regularly starting.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Khadra at Blackburn only played 110 minutes so far and Sima 73 minutes- I know he has been injured , but little point in these loans if the players are not regularly starting.

Early days for Khadra, regular subs appearances and I'm sure he'll get his chance in what is a long and gruelling season. Blackburn are a decent outfit and looking like play-off contenders.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Early days for Khadra, regular subs appearances and I'm sure he'll get his chance in what is a long and gruelling season. Blackburn are a decent outfit and looking like play-off contenders.
I believe Khadra has been injured as well as Sima. Both have generally made decent impressions on the fans (Khadra less so now than earlier on, but then again the fans are increasingly unhappy with everyone and everything at Ewood Park) so the loans not that bad; injuries just happen! Stoke are doing rather better than Blackburn, and they seem keen to see more of Sima.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Ostigard hardly played the last two months - out of favour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Zeqiri played all game today when Augburgs won 4-1. Didnt score but assist for the last goal and generally praised by the Augsburg fans.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jensen Weir followed up his first senior goal on Saturday with an assist today in Cambridge's win at Morecambe. Starting to settle in the team - wonder if he'll keep his place when the injured player he's been replacing gets fit again? Some Cambridge fans coming round to the view that he should keep the place.
Walton in goal again as Ipswich win away. Any developments for him in January, I wonder?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jensen Weir followed up his first senior goal on Saturday with an assist today in Cambridge's win at Morecambe. Starting to settle in the team - wonder if he'll keep his place when the injured player he's been replacing gets fit again? Some Cambridge fans coming round to the view that he should keep the place.

I’ve just caught up with a few views on their forum. I didn’t realise that he also got the Man of the Match award on Saturday too.

Plus, as you say, some fans seem very positive that he should retain his place in the team with comments like “a cut above the rest” “his time has come” and “will be playing for Brighton proper before long” (Not sure how accurate the last prediction will be, but he’s certainly beginning to impress and making the most of his loan opportunity).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here