Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Gus to Chelsea thread

Not now. Next time round. Or, knowing Abramovich, next but two times rond. In other words, about 3 years.

At this point in his career we will only loses Gus to a club that is looking longer term, not a Chelsea looking for instant success.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Current odds for next permanent Chelsea manager:

F- Rafa Benitez- 11/4
Jose Mourinho- 3/1
Roberto Di Matteo- 5/1
Pep Guardiola- 7/1
Fabio Capello- 8/1
Brendan Rodgers- 20/1
Gus 25/1

John Terry 100/1 :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hot off the press: A mock-up of how Gus might look if he got the manager's job:

poyet.gif

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A property in Chelsea that Gus could potentially buy to reduce his commute should he get the job:

Chelsea_House_Hotel_Earls_Court_London1.jpg

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Does anyone think there's any chance of Gus going to Chelsea? ;)

no way............. Unproven in prem and he would be silly to take it because if he did nothing with them then his reputation would be shot, he would be better off getting Brighton in to the prem maybe next season, then see what he can do in the top flight.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Give it a few years so he can learn more and manage in the Premier League first - then he can start properly being linked - id be extremely surprised if Chelsea did come calling and at £5 Million compensation, not exactly expensive compared to the £18 Million for AVB

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
...now jog on.:bigwave:

My thoughts exactly.

Have to say though I'm not displeased by AVB's departure from these shores - has there been such a wingeing, moaning, can't-open-the-paper-without-reports-of-him-sounding-off-to-someone-or-other-about-RA's-public-backing..... what a snooze-fest that guy was.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Before anyone asks, i am not going to start offering anymore tenners on Gus's possible next clubs :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here