Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Mar 13, 2008
Left man city after winning the UEFA cup 2 years on the spin and coming 2nd in the league to join inter. Just starting my first full season and have already signed Ronaldo and Messi.

My team is:
GK: Cesar

RB: Philipp Lahm
LB: Maxwell
CB: Federico Fazio
CB: Cristian Zapata

CM: Etienne Capoue or Diego
CM: Esteban Cambiasso or Francesco Bolzoni
AMR: Cristiano Ronaldo
AML: Lionel Messi

ST: Vagner Love or Mario Balotelli
ST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Thierry Henry.

Love, Fazio, Zapata, Capoue and Balotelli are must buys for any top team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My Newcastle team are doing quite well, 10 games in and we are sat 6th in the league, having just drawn 1-1 with Man Utd (major goalkeeping error gifting them the equaliser :down: ) and beating Liverpool 1-0, both at St James'.

GK - Harper (Shite, but I could find noone better in my price range)
RB - Ryan Taylor
LB - Enrique (Scored the winner against Liverpool!!!)
CB - Coloccini
CB - Steven Taylor
CM - Nolan
CM - Butt
AMR - Guthrie
AMC - Ignacio Gonzalez (10 goals already for him)
AML - Gutierrez
FW - Martins (really letting me down)

20 yellow cards already though, which is slightly worrying. In my 20 games in charge of the Albion before the sack, my side only picked up 8 yellows.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Well i've played 3 competitive games now. So far W:1 D:1 L:1
Not sure what formation i'm going to settle on yet, maybe a 4-2-2-2 although i havent tried the standard 4-4-2 yet.

My defence is solid now, have only conceded one goal which was against Hartlepool but it came from a freekick so not much i could do about it. Ive only scored twice in all 3 games and they both came against yeovil in the Carling Cup, so i really need to work on my tactics for upfront.

I've signed two players, Mark Randall from Arsenal and Kristian O'leary from Swansea both for 5 months on Loan.

Main problem i can see Is that pretty much all of my players havent played before, Have had 13 players make their debuts for me in 3 games. Thanks Micky...:censored:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Got a question for all you FM junkies :thumbsup:

My boy has FM9 on his computer all pucker bought with own key etc, but he has gone and lost the box it came in, and i want to strip off his puter to to do a clean install, so i need to extract the key so i can re install , anyone know how to extract it ?
cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here