Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GatwickEmployee

Aug 30, 2008
Horley, Surrey
Ended up being sacked in march.. Sitting midtable, managed to keep all of my best players.. Problem being inconistency.. Murray and Livermore were poor, Forster top of the scoring charts..

So i started a new career with HIBERNIAN

Signed Thomas Gravesen, Alexy Smertin and Roberto Bonano on free transfers, tried to sign Robbie Fowler but wanted £1500 appearance fee which the board would allow, Also signed Juhlo Hakola for 80k from Flora, promising start followed up by a injury which will keep him out for 2-3 months.. Have a total of 12 players out on loan all from reserve and youth team, helped trim my wage bill back under budget.

SEASON SO FAR

EURO VASE -

Beat Riga 4-2 on Agg
Beat Bohemians 4-1 on Agg to qualify for the Euro Cup

EURO CUP -

Qualifying Round Beat Apoel Nicosia 5-3 0n Agg
1st Round Beat Sampdoria 2-1 on Agg (Drawing 0-0 away)
Drawn in Group 8 with
AC Milan
Anderlecht
Feyenoord
Racing Santander

LEAGUE -

After 9 games. I am sitting in 5th place, best performance coming in a 3-2 defeat to Rangers with my team giving away a soft own goal with 10 minutes to go. Worst performance coming against Hearts when i couldn't score against 10 men suffering a goaless draw.

LEAGUE CUP -

Dumped out by St Mirren 7-6 on penalties after a goaless 120 minutes. My side missing a penalty after 109 minutes

STATISTICS -

Best Player by far is Steven Fletcher average rating 7.20, but impressive gaolscoring ratio with 12 goals in 17 appearances. Juha Hakola top of the assists chart with 4 in 11 games and an average rating of 7.08

Club undergoing a takeover and have put a transfer embargo on the club, hopefully the new chairman with provide funds to improve the squad only time will tell!!!!

24/09/08

Jan 19, 2009
BN1
Near the end of my first season.
Good players to sign:
Ryhs Murphy (Loan from Arsenal)
Fred Sears (Loan from West Ham)
Dele Adebola (On a free)
Jack Collison (Loan from West Ham)
Francisco Merida (Loan from Arsenal)
Celestine Babyaro (On a free)

MUST SIGN:
Roberto Junior Fernandez (Goalkeeper bought from some Paraguyan team, 60k! BRILLIANT PLAYER MUST SIGN!!)

3rd with 2 games in hand.:clap::clap::yahoo::yahoo:

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Started a game as the Albion, but aslo running the French and Italain leagues as well, just in case I fancied a move in the future! Sent a scout to France and there are masses and masses of really good players in their obscure local amateur leagues to sign for peanuts. Need to get rid of my players to reduce my wage bill so I can get more of them!

Currently sitting 6th after 8games, still unbeaten (drawn 5) and beat Carlisle 5-2 away first game.

Players In:
Mizuno (Celtic Free)
Fox (GK Celtic free)
Byrne (ST Bohemians 45K)
Zamberdarni (D, DM, M, LC Free from France)
Tchomogo (AM RC Chambery Free was on amateur contract - Benin international!)
N'Daiye (DC Marseille 45K)
Bucher (ST Free from France)
Randall (Loan from Arse)

There are many other in France I want to get, Inc Kassi Ouedrogo (Burkina Faso international) but wage budget is blown big time. Have moved out most fringe players in El-Abd, Robinson, Loft plus the kids -need to get rid of more

Over all happy with start though:lol:

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
Heres My Update!

Date:
Sunday 2nd August 09

Current League Pos.:
3rd (Season not underway yet)

Transfers In:
Paul Hartley: Sunderland: Free
Richard Martin: Free
Charles Ademeno: Southend: Free
Corry Evans: Man United: Loan
Angelos Tsiakils: Fre
Andy Barcham: Spurs: Free

Transfers Out:
Tommy Elphick: 275k to Bristol C

News:
Finished 16th in the League for the 08/09 season, in my last 19 games i picked up 6 wins, 6 draws and 7 losses, a bit dissapointing but ok.
Just finished pre-season, picked up 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss to Stoke, i am happy though as one of the draws was against Man U reserves with them players like Manucho, Possebon and Fabio & Rafael Da Silva

Lets Bring On The 09/10 Season

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's FAR from problem free at the moment in my opinion. A third patch will probably be coming out in early February (so, only 4 months after release) which will hopefully sort everything out but I'm not holding my breath.

There's always a patch in February containing a full data update with all the January transfers etc.

With such a complex game they'll always be bugs but I don't think there's anything that'll stop you playing and enjoying the game.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
For the fourth time, I have had a corrupt game and therefore have to start again. Total f***ing joke, and I won't be bothering this time. Useless piece of shit.

I'd be happy to try and help you sort this out. I'd need some more information from you though. Such as the version of the game and your dxdiag.

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Vive la revolution!!!

Won League 1 by 8points with my team of Frenchies, and the paint pot trophy as well

Full Season - Players In
Kassi Ouedraogo (Beauvise Oise 60k ST) Now worth 1.2M, scored 33 goals in 49 league & cup games, Burkino faso international, top bloke
Mohamed Louhkiar (FC Guenegon 65K AML) Now worth 1M, fans player of the year, Ave rating 7.24
Yoann Bourllion (Besancon Free DMC) Keeping Livermore out of the team
Oumar Tchomogo (Free Chambery AMC) Benin international great at Free kicks
Roman Salin (Free GK) My new No1
Scott Fox (3k Celtic GK) relegated to subs bench
Fabrice Fernandes (Free AM RL) Ex Soton winger, great freebie
Richard Suriano (45k FC Istres DM RL) Solid full back
Letyi N'Daiye (45k Marseille DC) Premiership quality
Yannick Zamberdarni (free DM LC) Versitile back up
Vincenzo Renella (Free AM RC) Young with lots of talent

Madimoussa Traore (Free Lens ST) Offered to me for nothing in the Jan window, scored a goal every other game after signing

Players Out
Cox - Reading 400k
Whing - plymouth 75k
El-Abd - Palace 55k
Fraser - Kidderminster 24k
Loft - Bury 16k
Robinson - Cardiff 90k
Lots of kids out for free & released Hart & Mayo

Was top of the table all season, only lost 5 games in the league all year.

Strongest team: Salin, Suriano, Lynch, N'Daiye, Elphick, Fernandes, Louhkiar, Bourllion, Livermore/Tchomogo. Ouedraogo, Traore.

Just about to start next season, will keep you posted:yahoo:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Time for an update!!!!!

DATE:

Saturday 17th November 2012

LEAGUE TABLE:

Premier League:

1st Arsenal - 29pts
2nd Man City - 28pts
3rd Chelsea - 27pts
4th Man Utd - 25pts
5th Blackburn - 23pts
6th Liverpool - 23pts
7th Newcastle - 21pts
8th Tottenham - 19pts
9th Portsmouth - 18pts
10th Middlesbrough - 17pts
11th Brighton & Hove Albion - 17pts
12th West Brom - 17pts
13th Bolton - 15pts
14th Aston Villa - 14pts
15th Ipswich - 14pts
16th Hull City - 13pts
17th Everton - 10pts
18th Fulham - 9pts
19th Charlton - 9pts
20th Sunderland - 7pts

All teams played 13 games, except Spurs and Newcastle

CUP COMPETITIONS:

League Cup Second Round - Leeds (CHAMPIONSHIP) (A) 0-1
Second string lost to 90th minute Pratley goal, after Leeds had Michalik sent off for second booking after 81mins.

TRANSFERS SINCE LAST UPDATE:

IN:

Alberto De Bruno (ST) - Boca (Free)
Patrick Giacomini (DM, MC) - Sampdoria (Free)
John Fleck (AMLC, FC) - Rangers (Free)
Cesar Nunez (MC) - Zaragoza (Free)
Hassan Smith (AMR) - Birmingham (Free)
Iker Bilbao (ST) - Osasuna (Free)
Francisco (DC) - Recreativo (£110k)
Andre Jorgensen (MC) - Unattached
John Pavey (RB) - QPR (£170k)
Kevin Benker (LB) - Charleroi (£1.6m)
Tarald Fidjeland (DC) - FC Koebenhavn (£1.6m)
Peter Larsson (DC) - FC Koebenhavn (£2.1m)
Steven Defour (AMC) - Standard (£6.5m)
Rasmus Hansen (AMRC) - FC Midtjylland (£2.2m)
Marius Niculae (ST) - Dinamo Bucharest (Free)
Yann Jouffre (DM, MLC) - Genk (£3.1m)
Uros Smitran (ST) - FC Brussels (£1m)

OUT:

Ross Hill (DC) - Walsall (Loan)
Stian Holmen (AMR) - Luton (Loan)
Francisco Vives (MC) - Released
Wayne Parry (ST) - Luton (Loan)
Mauro Anaclerio (MR, ST) - Cardiff (Loan)
Craig Bellamy - Released
Nacho Novo - Released
Ville Kouvalainen - Released
Thierry Bin - Released
Ian Reynolds - Released
Kelvin Oliver - Released
Danny Parsons - Released
Duncan Ryan - Released
Roldolphe Roche - Napoli (Free)
Jan Polak - Portsmouth (£3.2m)
David Livermore - Dundee United (£400k)
Gregory Proment - Caen (£425k)
Dean Cox - Reading (Free)
Mikkel Jensen - Coventry (Free)
Gary Borrowdale - Colchester (£200k)
Joel Lynch - Reading (Loan)
Stian Holmen - Northampton (Loan)
Matty Fryatt - Hearts (£1m)
Luis Gabriel Rey - Ipswich (£1.2m)
Louis Bailey - Birmingham (Loan)
Craig Burke - Cheltenham (Loan)
Chris Rogers - Grimsby (Loan)
Lars Langseth - Grimsby (Loan)
Lars Christensen - Northampton (Loan)

CURRENT TEAM:

My "strongest" team, as of today, ignoring injuries/suspensions is;

Daniel Fernandes (GK), Kevin Benker (LB), John Pantsil (RB), Peter Larsson (CB), Tarald Fidjeland (CB), John Fleck (LM), Rasmus Hansen (RM), Steven Defour (CM), Stoyan Gorov (CM), Alberto De Bruno (ST), Marius Niculae (ST)

Squad;

Darren Randolph (GK), Craig Burke (GK), Stuart Atkinson (GK), David Forbes (GK), John Pavey (RB), Andrew Whing (RB), Ibrahima Faye (LB), Ross Hill (CB), Andrew Bailey (DC), Lars Christensen (DC), Peter Kelly (DC), Joel Lynch (DC), Tommy Elphick (DC), Toni Wachsmuth (DC), Francisco (DC), Joe Scott (DC, DM, MC), Louis Bailey (DC, MC), Mauro Anaclerio (RM, ST), Andrea Spina (ML), Cesar Nunez (MC), Hassan Smith (AMR), Morten Petersen (AML, ST), Patrick Giacomini (DM, MC), Stian Holmen (AMR), Chris Rogers (AMR), Chris Dobson (AMC), Iker Bilbao (ST), Lars Langseth (ST), Wayne Parry (ST), Uros Smitran (ST)

CONCLUSION:

Finished 14th last season, in first season in Premier League. Did nothing special in the cups, but given a very healthy £18.5m transfer budget, which I spread across the entire squad to keep us up this season.

Highlights so far this season;

Thrashing Liverpool (H) - 4-1!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Balance;

£21,016,162 - still owe Bank loans;
£6.25m (£95k pm until 29/07/2016)
£20m (£190k pm until 24/09/2034)

Wages;
£238,563 pw allowed
£199,611 pw current

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Out of interest does anyone know if there will be another database update after the window has shut?

Mar 13, 2008
Just got sacked as sunderland manager.
Having had offers to take over as Chelsea or man utd manager I am pissed off at only being offered the Hull and Charlton jobs (now both in league 1). Might wait till man city manager gets sacked (11th after winning it last year).

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Right. I have just got a new laptop and have just installed FM2009. I haven't been able to recover my saved careers so I need to start afresh. Having already had a decent career with Brighton I am looking for a new challenge.

Any suggestions?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Right. I have just got a new laptop and have just installed FM2009. I haven't been able to recover my saved careers so I need to start afresh. Having already had a decent career with Brighton I am looking for a new challenge.

Any suggestions?

Man City for the fun of turning them into a top 4 side or Luton with their -30 points? :D

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
TURKEY you seem to be in the know. Will there be an update with all the transfers, and when will it be?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was thinking of getting FM Live, anyone on it? Is it worth the ridiculous amounts they are charging?

I haven't paid a ridiculous amount (beta tester discount ;) ), but I enjoy playing it very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports