Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
i tried switching to windows mode but yet again the game crashed on me, i am not sure if I getting the same problem here as other people as I tired leaving mine 'frozen' for ages, went ands had a bath and still no joy. i have to ned up shutting the whole computer down - really pissing me off now! anyone got any suggestions?

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
10 games gone im 2nd in league 1 in my first season. Into the quarter finals of the johnstons paint trophy.
Lost in the second round of the league cup to bolton 2-0, fleetwood and murray hit the bar.
Transfers in: Ciprian Deac - Loan with a view to permenant transfer,
Fleetwood £0
and Fabian Delph for 350k
Transfers out: A big clearout, 12 players released inc Gary Hart and Mayo.
20k recieved for doug loft, 250k plus sell on for Jake Robinson from Cardiff.

Despite being second we havn't scored many goals, Forster hasnt got any, Murray is my top scorer with 3 and JONNY DIXON with 2!

Mar 13, 2008
10 games gone im 2nd in league 1 in my first season. Into the quarter finals of the johnstons paint trophy.
Lost in the second round of the league cup to bolton 2-0, fleetwood and murray hit the bar.
Transfers in: Ciprian Deac - Loan with a view to permenant transfer,
Fleetwood £0
and Fabian Delph for 350k
Transfers out: A big clearout, 12 players released inc Gary Hart and Mayo.
20k recieved for doug loft, 250k plus sell on for Jake Robinson from Cardiff.

Despite being second we havn't scored many goals, Forster hasnt got any, Murray is my top scorer with 3 and JONNY DIXON with 2!
bollocks. Screen shot now

seagullkev

May 13, 2007
peacehaven
won play off final 1-0 v millwall in first season
currently 4th bottom of championship in second season
no money at all to spend on anything
can't see me keeping the albion up haven't won in 2 months after good start

Mar 13, 2008
How do I attach it, and what dont you believe?
That dixson has 2 goals

Berol, how long did you have to wait before you got a job offer?

Not long. I went on holiday and had the options apply for all jobs and return from holiday when offered job ticked.
Oh and my reputation is international footballer so that might have helped.

BristolSeagull2k

Jul 4, 2008
Nailsea, Bristol
Leeds United

Started the game unemployed got offered the leeds job, half way through first season, they were mid table, i took them to th title in the same season.
now in second season in championship, i am currently 5th with only 4 games to go.
my team is as follows
Ankergen
Hodgkiss (from West Brom)
Johnson
Michalik
Walker(Free transfer from Brazil)
Mascio( Best player i have found)
Delph
Howson
Beckford
Murphy(loan from arsenal)
Mifsud(free from coventry)
i play a 4-3-3.
Mascio is available for 100k he has played all games and got 11 goals.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
3 goals in 3 starts....

Attachments

• jonny.jpg
    jonny.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 272

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm in my 4th season now, and after 10 games my Brighton side is sitting 10th in the premiership. About to play away at Arsenal, which should be a pretty difficult game; I'd settle for a point.

After finishing 17th last season, I have spent £20mil and recouped £4mil, and have a couple of young starlets coming in january on free transfers, which could be a tremendous boost to my attacking options. Admittedly, half of the £20mil was on one player, Keirrison, who has only started 3 games as he keeps getting injured much to my annoyance.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Damn it, never mind settling for a point we should have won! 1-0 up after 37 minutes, and Gallas sees red on the stroke of half time. Arsenal don't create much in the second half until the 74th and 77th minutes, when they score twice in quick succession to turn it around then hold on for all 3 points. Curses.

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
20 games gone in first season sitting on top by goal difference - Forster on fire averaging a goal a game, Murray just scored after 20hour goal drought!

Got Mark Randall on loan from Arse - playing great in free role behind the front two, others in inc Junior, Mizuno, Bridge-Wilkinson, Byrne (Bohemians) and Stam (Oldham)

Still trying to get rid of Dixon, Hart, Mayo Hawkins - heres hoping in the fast approaching transfer window

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I am into my 7th season with the Albion and have reached the heady heights of 8th in the Prem in February. I had a commendable UEFA Cup campaign after winning the League Cup last year. The highlight of my European adventures was a 4-1 home win over Atletico Madrid with a hat-trick from Mascio (who is IMMMENSE, just keeps getting better and better, and in the Italy team).

Mar 13, 2008
I am into my 7th season with the Albion and have reached the heady heights of 8th in the Prem in February. I had a commendable UEFA Cup campaign after winning the League Cup last year. The highlight of my European adventures was a 4-1 home win over Atletico Madrid with a hat-trick from Mascio (who is IMMMENSE, just keeps getting better and better, and in the Italy team).
How did you get him? He wont come to my sunderland team. it is annoying me.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
2mil in the red, 32 games gone now into `12th, january i couldnt bring anyone in apart from a peruvian gk called delgado who has great stats but is pretty crap. In the final of the paint pot trophy though. Anyone else had problems with the finance?

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
2mil in the red, 32 games gone now into `12th, january i couldnt bring anyone in apart from a peruvian gk called delgado who has great stats but is pretty crap. In the final of the paint pot trophy though. Anyone else had problems with the finance?

I encountered this problem on my game sell players for extortionate prices e.g. Thomson, Hinshelwood, Fraser might have to sell Delph for a few million to save your job and clear your debts. Good replacement for Delph is Lewis McGuagan from Notts Forest :albion2:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Have spent ages reading through this thread and thought I would add my "career"

Date: 22nd November 2008

Position 5th - 6pts behind leaders Leeds
FA Cup - 2nd Rnd - Barrow (A) to play
League Cup - 3rd Rnd - lost to Bristol City
JPT - Sth Q Final - Lost to Bristol Rovers (Played Reserves)

Quite happy with results which have improved recently, havent made too many changes, and mainly building for the future (As you can see from some of my signings) - Team built on defence (Conceded only 15 in 18 games)

Very happy with Bennett in goal, and have been trying to find a decent left back to cover for Richards (or if I can't extend his loan) but havent had much luck... Will step that up in Jan although i have no transfer/wages left to play with!

I have created different training regimes for each position (GK, Defence, Full Back, Winger, Centre Mid, Striker) and this seems to work well - have also made the winger training a little lighter as they get tired a lot quicker than the other players.

Elphick getting a lot of attention at the moment and hoping I can keep hold of him, but do have Hinsh, Virgo and a signing coming in Jan if he does go. Lynch/Cox also attracting some attention.

Transfers In:
Stuart Fleetwood (ST) - Charlton - 5k - Not bad as backup
Ian Westlake (CM) - Leeds - 16k - Not bad as backup/sub
Ian Bennett (GK) - Sheff Utd - 18k - Had a good season so far as No 1
Henri Lansbury (CM/AMR) - Arsenal - Loan - Blows hot and cold, mainly backup
Jordan Hibbert (MC) - Free - One for Future - Loaned out to Burgess Hill
Terry Dixon (AMC/F) - Free - One for Future - Was on bench as cover for Forster/Murray until injured for 3-5 months :(
Owen Price (AMR/ST) - Free - One for Future - In reserves
Ross Stern - (ST) - Bristol City - Loan - Signed as Cover when T Dixon got injured, in reserves

Future Transfers In January 2009
Lee Mason - (ST) - Hartlepool - 1k - One for Future - Signing 1st Jan
Miguel Rebosio - (SW, DC, DR) - Cesar Villejo - Bosman - Signing 1st Jan

Transfers Out:

Kane Wills - Loan - Burgess Hill
Andrew Pearson - Loan - Worthing
Scott Chamberlain - Loan - Bognor Regis
Kane Louis - Loan - Bognor Regis
Dan Royce - Loan - Bognor Regis
Jack Compton - Released
Jordan Hibbert - Loan - Burgess Hill
Chris Brencher - Loan - Worthing