Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hmm, pictures came out bigger than I had realised...

Mar 13, 2008
Just started my first game as man city. (I want to spend all there money) and it is bollocks. So much for unlimited funds, £87million is all I got. Santa Cruz, Veloso and sanchez (34 year old keeper) is who I have got in.

Will try one with brighton next. replace that god awful man.
Anyone got any tips for being Brighton manager.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just started my first game as man city. (I want to spend all there money) and it is bollocks. So much for unlimited funds, £87million is all I got. Santa Cruz, Veloso and sanchez (34 year old keeper) is who I have got in.

Will try one with brighton next. replace that god awful man.
Anyone got any tips for being Brighton manager.

Robbie Fowler:jester:
Nah seriously, segei kislyak i got on a free in january i think 1st season, and Delph from leeds for about 400k. I won the league in 1st season but i was lucky as my strikers werent great, top scorer with 11 i think, but play livermore, he is class on the game and if i was you sell robinson and fraser early!

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Robbie Fowler will score a fair share of goals, but he is only useful in the first season. You can get him on a free as Blackburn are desperate to offload him

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm WAY bhehind everyone else but here goes...

Just finished my first season, and finished 7th in League 1. I missed out on the playoffs by 4 points, but that was only after a fine run of form at the end of the season.

Just about to start pre-season again but it's all gone a bit pear shaped :(. The club are in receivership after going bankrupt, and therefore I have ZERO transfer funds. Not only that but the board have slashed the wage budget in HALF, and are now pissed off with me and expect me to lose 15k in wages from players! The board have also taken away my right to have a say in ANY transfer dealings regarding my own players.

All this, and they expect me to do BETTER than last season, and I'm now expected to reach the play-offs! :shrug:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Playing as Barca, just about to start my Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg Game against Liverpool (1-1 in the first leg).

I'm second in the league, but about 10 points behind M****d, mainly on the grounds that I can't go more than 4 seconds in any one match without one of my players falling over, stubbing his toe and being ruled out for the next 17 years.

:angry: :angry:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
On my game Andy Whing spent the entire second half of the season being ruled out by injury. It wasn't one lenghty injury that kept him out, it was one or two month injuries at a time but they kept happening. As a result he didn't play ANY part in the team from December. I fear that I have another Hinshelwood on my hands :nono:

tiger_hall

Dec 23, 2007
I finally lasted a season without getting fired!! wooo
My success was down to Loans.
I loaned in 5 players as well as making signings like Mizuo in MR and Ian Pearce at DC.
I loaned a Man United Reserve GK called something like Rob-Robert ?? he was from Germany and was absolutely brilliant in goal.
My advice for anyone struggling to do well with Brighton is go around all the Premiership clubs and loan in players as Brighton players on FM09 are simply nowhere near good enough to win any leagues.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Get in Robbie Simpson in from Coventry for 80k. Top goal scorer in league 1 for me with 27 goals. Great buy and in 3rd season get in Anthony Stokes who is even better, as they form a formiddable partnership.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I kind of don't want ot continue my game, as I don't want to see Brighton relegated from the premiership >_>

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
this is an annual friendly which I normally only win 3-0, 4-0, but

EASY :clap2: EASY :clap2: EASY :clap2: EASY :clap2: EASY :clap2: EASY :clap2:

Attachments

• Brighton 18 - 0 Worthing.jpg
    Brighton 18 - 0 Worthing.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 167

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I finished season one in 2nd place with Barca, 5 points behind Madrid eventually. Got offered a 2 season contract extension, which I accepted, and have started with 2 wins and a draw this season, as well as a win over Juventus in the Champions League group stages.

Over the summer I got rid of Andres Iniesta, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Yaya Toure, Seydou Keita and Albert Jorquera, and have brought in Andrey Arshavin, Rafael van der Vaart, Royston Drenthe, Marek Jankulovski, Philipp Degen, Alex (one from Internacional in Brazil, not the Chelsea one), Alexis Sanchez and Keirrison.

I've also brought up Bojan and Gai Assulin from the Youth/B teams.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Having possibly finally actually worked out how to work the tactics on the game, I've decided to start with Solihull Moors in the BSN. Only to make things a bit more interested I've cleared out the squad and given them max rated youth facilities in the editor, to have a bit of fun and hopefully bring some quality youth through.

Things started a bit shakily as you might expect with a team mostly composed of children, but we've got a bit of consistency now and are top of the table by a point. I'd still be pretty surprised if we went up though.

The team vary in quality from a couple of guys who are utter toilet to a QUALITY keeper, and a pretty good centre-back. My (fairly useless) assistant says the best anyone's got the potential to be is league one, which I can't really complain at! Also, cos the club was only formed in 2007, my 16-year-old striker is already the team's all-time record goalscorer with... seven.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Im 31 games into my 3rd season with LEWES. Finally at the top of the pile by 2 points! I signed a kid from New Zealand and he has been my player of the season two times in a row and now Bristol City have placed a 1.3 million pound bid.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I have a problem. Everytime i play i get a green rectangle type box appearing on the bottom right of the screen. It won't go and stops me from being able to continue as i can't get to the button on the bottom right.

Anyone able to help?

Ps the box comes up everytime...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have a problem. Everytime i play i get a green rectangle type box appearing on the bottom right of the screen. It won't go and stops me from being able to continue as i can't get to the button on the bottom right.

Anyone able to help?

Does the box say anything in it?

Mar 13, 2008

Anyone able to help?

If it is that same as I had then press shift+tab.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports